• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I made a mistake on eBay as well (like 1Cool)

208 posts in this topic

I would have cancelled and relisted rather than add a footnote. I would cancel the transaction and relist it, not worth the effort esp if the buyer is unhappy. Really it was your error so no real point at being upset at the buyer, wash your hands of it and move on without getting the neg.

+1

I would have shut that auction down and started over.

$176 is almost double the last sale in 9.6 and 66% above the average for that book.

In fact $176 would be an all time GPA high for that book in 9.6. It's obvious the buyer was confused as to what he was buying.

But two people would have to not looked at the auction other than the title. I guess people are just looking for slab and what the book looks like does not matter.

But two people would have to not looked at the auction other than the title. I guess people are just looking for slab and what the book looks like does not matter.

This. Why can't people get it through their heads that for an overwhelming majority of buyers, the number on the top left is ALL THAT MATTERS.

Mistakes like this happen. I don't know why you're blocking the bidder, you screwed up, not him. Just cancel, relist, and move on.

Be careful - if things have gotten heated and he's feeling pissed off, he could just deny the transaction and leave you negative feedback anyway. He's got the position here, he could hang you up on a $176 sale AND leave negative feedback that you could spend time trying to reverse.

Regardless of what people say, just asking Ebay to remove negative feedback, despite proof or "negative feedback bribery" - they don't always do it. I think the lesson to learn is that if there is a mistake in the listing, cancel the auction, fix it and relist.

You listed it wrong. Cancel it per his request.

Why do so many have such a problem with owning up to their mistakes? (shrug)

Like the guy who bid on a comic without reading the description or looking at the scan?

Sure. He has his part as well. But the original mistake was made in the listing. To blame the bidder is not owning up to your own error.

Yes, the bidder is a dummy for not reading the entire listing. However, as the seller, the responsibility lies with you to correctly describe your auction. I'm positive that CC was not intentionally mis-leading in his description. He made an error. So too did the bidder. Yet CC's initial reaction is to hold him responsible (file a NPB)? Is that fair? Would you be deserving if the situation were reversed?

I know it may sound like I'm singling CC out, but I'm not. I just happened to respond in this particular thread.

Added the following bidder to our block list:

comic-concollectibles

If someone can't be bothered by looking at scans/reading the auction description, then we don't need their business.

I recommend blocking the above individual

Is this really the type of case where the buyer should be put on a list to be blocked? I wouldn't think so. (shrug)

I try and put as much info in the title as I can because buyers do NOT read the description paragraph nor any notes you leave or answered questions you post after that paragraph.

I too would have just canceled the auction and re-listed. Sorry you had to go through this...sometimes buyers can be real jackholes.

Peace,

Chip

Added the following bidder to our block list:

comic-concollectibles

If someone can't be bothered by looking at scans/reading the auction description, then we don't need their business.

I recommend blocking the above individual

Is this really the type of case where the buyer should be put on a list to be blocked? I wouldn't think so. (shrug)

I wouldn't block him. But I also would've cancelled the listing as soon as I was made aware of it and just relisted it.

For the record, I did not say I didn't make a mistake. I CLEARLY made a mistake and freely admit it.

I took all the necessary steps that I was allowed to correct it (aside from cancelling the auction).

You should have cancelled the auction when it would not allow the title to be edited.

What pissed me off was the apathy the buyer took when bidding. What if the underbidder knew it was a 9.6 and bid accordingly?

Yes, that is why you should have cancelled the auction and relisted it. Yes there could have been an underbidder that knew it was a 9.6 but your auction title is what catches the eye. In fact many times, when I was buying on ebay, I would have things bookmarked for sniping later on. I hardly ever went back and read the description.

I really don't understand how you think this is the bidders fault.

There is no reason why the person that made the mistake should have to pay for the mistake!!!

I say, stick it to the buyer, let him pay for your mistake. BOOM!!! AMURICA!!!!

SHOVE IT UP IS ARSE, REAL HARD!!!!

It's what Crom would do.

ConanCrom.jpg

I do run auctions nearly 100% of the time and if I find an error I just cancel and restart due to this very issue.

It's eBay and we are selling comics, but sometimes a buyer will find an error and try to extort sellers on that error. Not cool, but it happens.

at the end of the day, as a seller, a person should always strive to keep customers happy. While the guy may be a jerk, he isnt important, how as a seller you run your business is what matters.

I would cancel and wash my hands. Better to maintain perfect feedback, and avoid the hassle of dealing with him. Time is money, and in hourly wages for yourself, the time spent dealing with him and ebay will exceed the price difference between what you got and what a 9.6 normally sells for.

I just find it amazing that people can bid on things and spend hundreds of dollars without:

a) Fully reading the listing (and CC's listing isn't outrageous. I know sometimes the text is way to wordy, but not in this case).

but more importantly...

b) LOOK AT THE PICTURE!

I know mistakes are made, and I agree with the majority, wash your hands of it, but man.... how people just bid on things almost sight-unseen is ridiculous.

I sure am glad I don't sell comics. :cloud9:

When I grow up I wanna be like Dave and just buy comics :cloud9:

It just seems like such a hassle to me,and more than likely take the fun out of comics. :preach:

Maybe I just don't want to deal with azzhats. :pullhair::preach: