• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I made a mistake on eBay as well (like 1Cool)

208 posts in this topic

I sure am glad I don't sell comics. :cloud9:

Is this for the new people? For anyone here longer than a month they should know two things about you.

1) You don't sell comics.

2) You don't use eBay.

We should sticky that hm

Is this for the new people? For anyone here longer than a month they should know two things about you.

2) You don't use eBay.

We should sticky that hm

Now my only goal in life is to buy a comic from Dave.

:cloud9:

You should have cancelled the bids and then relisted with the correct information in the title. It sucks that the winning bidder didn't comprehend what he was bidding on, but that's really on you for perpetuating the incorrect listing. There is no penalty for cancelling bids once placed, you just pick a reason from the menu and on you go.

2) You don't use eBay.

We should sticky that hm

On eBay :cloud9:

2) You don't use eBay.

We should sticky that hm

I'm sorry if I'm redundant,but everytime I hear all the horror stories here... :eyeroll:

I kind of sit back and laugh a little inside,is that wrong. :shy:lol

2) You don't use eBay.

We should sticky that hm

On eBay :cloud9:

I have been known to give comics away,but sell?..... :P

What pissed me off was the apathy the buyer took when bidding. What if the underbidder knew it was a 9.6 and bid accordingly?

I haven't sold on Ebay in ages so forgive my ignorance but is it possible to do let the high bidder off and do a second chance to the second bidder?

Get out of it unscathed,wash your hands of the situation. (thumbs u

I may be wrong, but I thought buyers can still leave negative feedback even after a mutual cancellation :shrug:

If it's cancelled, they can't leave feedback at all. What buyers do to bend you over is to NOT cancel the transaction (it has to be mutual) leaving you holding the bag on your Final Value Fee AND they leave a neg.

There is only one way to avoid it, and you have to first file a NPB claim and try to force them to agree to the cancellation, or wait until Ebay refunds your FVF. If you attempt to cancel the transaction and the other party denies it - you leave yourself open for a pounding and no recourse to get your Ebay fees back. (I just went through this whole BS ordeal a few months ago and got screwed by a buyer who didn't pay - learning that you should never cancel a transaction if you feel you're dealing with a hostile buyer).

What pissed me off was the apathy the buyer took when bidding. What if the underbidder knew it was a 9.6 and bid accordingly?

I haven't sold on Ebay in ages so forgive my ignorance but is it possible to do let the high bidder off and do a second chance to the second bidder?

Yep, you can still do that.

Get out of it unscathed,wash your hands of the situation. (thumbs u

I may be wrong, but I thought buyers can still leave negative feedback even after a mutual cancellation :shrug:

If it's cancelled, they can't leave feedback at all. What buyers do to bend you over is to NOT cancel the transaction (it has to be mutual) leaving you holding the bag on your Final Value Fee AND they leave a neg.

There is only one way to avoid it, and you have to first file a NPB claim and try to force them to agree to the cancellation, or wait until Ebay refunds your FVF. If you attempt to cancel the transaction and the other party denies it - you leave yourself open for a pounding and no recourse to get your Ebay fees back. (I just went through this whole BS ordeal a few months ago and got screwed by a buyer who didn't pay - learning that you should never cancel a transaction if you feel you're dealing with a hostile buyer).

Ahh okay. It's been a couple years since I had to do a mutual cancellation so I couldn't remember how it worked.

In that case, I would do what the OP already decided - agree to the mutual cancellation and hope the other buyer accepts a second=chance offer.

Were you clear to the second chance bidder that it's a 9.6 and not a 9.8? :eek:

Hopefully that would be in his explanation as to why the other buyer backed out. But that is definitely something to make absolutely clear.

I would be giving the buyer the benefit of the doubt. He sniped in the last few seconds of the auction so he may have only the noticed this auction with moments to spare and seeing that it was seemly sitting at a good price for a 9.8 and put in a quick bid before scrolling down to read more details to find out it was just a 9.6

I stumble onto auctions in the final minutes/seconds all the time and may miss fine details in the seller's description in a rush to get a bid in. I don't recall being stung by this way of buying but seller's need to realize I can happen.

Of course take the cancellation.

I would have cancelled it when I found out and relisted.

Yeah.

It sucks you can't edit the title so if you make a mistake there you have to eat the 30 cents and relist.

But I understand - Imagine if people could revise titles they be doing it everyday on items to spam the search engine.

Obviously you make things right with the buyer. I don't see the problem with understanding that. Unless the problem is just that you feel you got lucky and got a good price for your 9.6. Or it is "personal", and you just hate to lose.

Do the right thing.

Because the buyer did not read anything other than the title, matters little. A CGC 9.8 in the title, is ALL he was looking at. And that is enough for many potential buyers.

You are reminding me of the owner of California Chrome.

The buyer is a reseller and thought he'd pick up a 9.8 for 30% less than FMV.

Aren't you a reseller?

At this point, he's told me I have 24 hours to offer a mutual cancellation (which being very stubborn, I don't want to do) and he's threatened negative feedback.

I say take the negative just so you can be right :cool:

Of course take the cancellation.

I would have cancelled it when I found out and relisted.

Yeah.

It sucks you can't edit the title so if you make a mistake there you have to eat the 30 cents and relist.

But I understand - Imagine if people could revise titles they be doing it everyday on items to spam the search engine.

I think he tried to cancel the order but E-Bay does not allow an auction to be cancelled if a bid has been placed (that's why books get one bid and then sit for 6 days). If he would have cancelled the auction it would have gone against his seller score is my understanding of E-Bay rules. He pretty much was stuck between a rock and a hard place once the mistake was made a bid was placed.