• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM GA Phantom Stranger 5

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I'd really like to upgrade this, but I'm not sure what to grade it as when I sell it. I'm thinking it's a solid 1.0. It presents better, but the bottom of the front cover is very brittle. I found this out when, reading it, the pieces in the middle of the bottom just came off. :(. The pages are tan, but supple. Only the cover is brittle. I don't really know how to account for the brittleness in grading it.

Also, even in as low of a grade as it is, would it be worth it to get this cgc'd?

dLCUzk6h.jpg

1sa70Xah.jpg

Thanks everyone!

Looks decent, but if the cover is that brittle along the bottom , I'd say 1.0 is a safe bet. I wouldn't think there would be any value in getting it slabbed before selling, as long as you disclose the problem. The only concern might be if it's so brittle that it keeps flaking off pieces as it's handled in and out of the mylar or bag.

If it were me I'd probably just list it as "low grade due to brittleness on bottom of cover with great eye-appeal" when you sell it. Some folks will be turned off by the brittleness, but others will be happy with a copy that looks nicer than grade would indicate. In the sub 2.0 grades I think buyers make decisions more on how they feel about flaws than the number grade.

1.8 IMHO! I had to do a little research on the brittle category. The first mention of brittleness shows up at 1.8 according to the Overstreet Grading Guide. I use this as my bible when I need clarification. The book certainly presents itself well. brittle cover aside.

You'd probably get a better CGC grade due to the eye appeal.....I'd see it getting a 3.0 to 3.5 with the brittle notation..... but it would likely sell for less than 3.0 FMV...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u