• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Amazing Spiderman 298

15 posts in this topic

I got this at a local show from a member here, though he says he doesn't post much and I wanted to see what people thought of his grade. I'll let a few posts come in before I post what he believed the grade to be.

14391212395_0a2611c4ca_h.jpg

14204597678_d72a116309_h.jpg

thanks for all the help

EDIT: posted with larger scans

9.4 IMHO! Three spine tics on the front cover, one (apparent) CB spine crease on the back cover and two other visible spine tics, TRBC slightly blunted. Really nice looking copy!

I was guessing around an 8.5-9.0. With the big ticks on the front cover, and the CB crease on the back, plus the dirtiness at the top of the book (FC), I just don't see higher than that. Then again, I was knocked out of the grading tourny in the 1st round, so what do I know :)

So the person I got it from was thinking it was 7.5 because of the back cover issues and so had it priced as a 7.5, though when I looked at it I was thinking it was at least what the poster above was thinking.

So the person I got it from was thinking it was 7.5 because of the back cover issues and so had it priced as a 7.5, though when I looked at it I was thinking it was at least what the poster above was thinking.

Does the lower crease on the back cover break colour? That's why I said apparent because I wasn't sure if it was just a crease and a scanner bed light reflection? If it is a CB crease you might drop to 9.0 but I can't really see it going any lower than that.

You asked if the mark was on the scanner or the book and so I replied back to you

Oh no lol I realize the mark is on the book. I wanted to know if the crease actually broke colour or was it the scanner bed light that made it look like it did. Black covers are notorious for looking like they break colour when scanned in because the scanner bed light reflects off the folds in the cover stock giving the impression that the crease breaks colour when in reality it does not.

:blahblah::insane: But true!