• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The wasteddraftpick INVITATIONAL OPEN GRADING CONTEST Just Follow The Link

10 posts in this topic

Thanks for running this. One small suggestion would be to keep the boardie subbed grades hidden until the end of the round. That's how previous grading contests I have played in worked.

Now to get off my bum and grade them.

Thanks for running this. One small suggestion would be to keep the boardie subbed grades hidden until the end of the round. That's how previous grading contests I have played in worked.

Now to get off my bum and grade them.

This tournament was a spur of the moment collaboration between myself and Kevin (wasteddraftpicks) as I noticed he was posting books that were already sent to CGC for grading.

Some of the posts were already up and since it was meant to be more of a trial run at something that we hope to turn into a regular feature we just didn't have the time to recall the already posted grades.

I am hoping that we will find regular members who have books that have been pre-CGC scanned and would like to submit them for grading tournaments regularly. With more preparation time I am hoping we would use the hidden grades technique for any future tournaments that we can get off the ground.

So yes I am in complete agreement with the hidden scores. Let's hope there are some interested member that want to go the tournament route. I'm open to others wanting to give it a try.

Cheers!

Tim

You're kinda new here, aren't'cha? :grin:

Who me? Nah...I've been stalking these boards for years, but just recently started posting. I ain't skeered!

Jeez, you must be, or otherwise you would have known I hadn't replied to you. :baiting:

You're kinda new here, aren't'cha? :grin:

Who me? Nah...I've been stalking these boards for years, but just recently started posting. I ain't skeered!

Jeez, you must be, or otherwise you would have known I hadn't replied to you. :baiting:

Well, it was a safe assumption based on the post counts of the other commenters in the thread. I've been wrong before, it will happen again. No biggie either way! (thumbs u