• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Captain America 109

10 posts in this topic

Howdy... :hi:

I have five books I picked up through LCS and FB transactions that I would appreciate everyone's opinions on. I'd like to see if the quoted grade I got from each seller syncs with the general consensus of the boards. 2 of 5 for tonight is Cap #109.

cap1.jpg

cap2.jpg

7.0 IMHO! This book presents extremely well. Because the damage is limited (ie minimal spine wear and a couple of issues on the back cover LH edge tears) I think CGC would give this book consideration. Similar to the Overstreet Comic Book Grading Guide, certain defects are permitted when others are not present (up to and including the 8.5 grading category)

Bummer... I took this one on faith and the seller swore it was an 8.0 or better.

I hand it does show more like a 5'er. The greenish ink blots on the back were an unwelcome surprise. Oh well lesson learned.

The grade might not be too far off. CGC sometimes gives grades that defy the odds both above and below the expectations of this PGM forum.

I don't think it would get an 8.0 but I'm confident it would not grade as low as some of the scores indicated.

The green overspray is a distributor marking and has no effect on the grade.

One question I do have if you can answer it? The back cover LH edge, middle. I looked at it as closely as possible but could not conclusively determine that it is a tear but more likely a "scar". Is it a tear or just damage without the tear?

Reason being is that I would stay firm at 7.0 if it is a scar but drop to 6.5 if it is a tear.