• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Marvel Boy #1

11 posts in this topic

3.0 IMHO! I think the combination of flaws is enough to keep it from grading any higher. But what a nice piece of history!

+ 1..... but it has nice front cover eye appeal. GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks for the opinions all. I realize in hindsight a dark piece of paper behind the book would make for a more viewable scan. Next time.

As an aside, the piece of the back cover that's folded over...a grader wouldn't touch that correct? So it would end up in a slab looking the same way? Should I try to flatten that out prior to grading or just leave it as is? Would it even affect the grade?

Any opinions appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for the opinions all. I realize in hindsight a dark piece of paper behind the book would make for a more viewable scan. Next time.

As an aside, the piece of the back cover that's folded over...a grader wouldn't touch that correct? So it would end up in a slab looking the same way? Should I try to flatten that out prior to grading or just leave it as is? Would it even affect the grade?

Any opinions appreciated. Thanks.

Personally I would flatten the piece out unless it is brittle or feels/appears as though it will fall off if touched. If it feels securely attached to the cover still fold it back over!

Here's a link to the PGM Guidelines that has hints and helpful suggestions. Take a minute to read through it. It is still a work-in-progress page but there are some tips you may find useful.

Cheers!

Tim