• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Kudos Section

12 posts in this topic

How many people here actively use this for feedback? I am now asking people to leave feedback as I suppose the amount of new members we have here it may actually have become a valued tool. But in all honesty, I still miss the old sales forum of 1 section for everything..

I often post a link to my kudos thread when starting a deal with a newer member that I haven't dealt with before and who may not know me. It's a good tool to show that I have a decent amount of successful transactions under my belt.

I wasn't around for the old format, so I can only comment on what's in place now. As an infrequent buyer and poster, very few here know me, so I feel having one (which I do) is at least of minor use to a seller. The comments provide some evidence that I have followed through on my commitments and am a decent buyer to deal with. And, before committing to buy, I do check comments left for the seller as well as the probation list.

Better than nothing, I suppose, and still requires a bit of independent reference checking, self protection and common sense. Pretty much like any other web purchasing when you don't actively know who you're dealing with.

I never bothered to use or consult it. Until I kept getting PM's asking for a link to mine. Since I didn't have one, I started one up.

But I don't consult it when contemplating a purchase. I already know pretty much everyone here, that is trustworthy. Cream rises to the top on its own.

If I take a chance on a newbie. It won't be for much money.

I have one as I thought it would be useful to build credibility. I now just use it when people ask to use it. I feel it's helpful to have especially for newer people who might be skeptical to do a deal.

I rarely if ever leave Kudos anymore. When I first joined, I left it on my first few purchases. Then I just sort of stopped and people stopped asking.

I'm yet to start my own kudos thread too. If someone needed references, I could easily produce them.