• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone want a nice Green Lantern # 1?

17 posts in this topic

I think it's in "No-Man's Land", grade wise.

Because it's DC, there aren't as many completionist just trying to find an affordable copy of a nice key.

But it's not a high enough grade to get any "investment" interest.

You'd think they could come up with a more compelling cover for a #1 issue than a Giant Puppet Attack!

No 893censored-thumb.gif! DC seemed to specialize in dorky covers in the early 60's. Look at B&B 28. It's a freakin' starfish?! Oh well.

Sweet book Jive. thumbsup2.gif

You'd think they could come up with a more compelling cover for a #1 issue than a Giant Puppet Attack!

No 893censored-thumb.gif! DC seemed to specialize in dorky covers in the early 60's. Look at B&B 28. It's a freakin' starfish?! Oh well.

I love that cover! It's classic!

I love that cover! It's classic!

thumbsup2.gif And it was good enough for Stan Lee to copy for the cover to FF #1 (substituting a Kirby monster for the freakin' starfish)

Personally I price 7.0s a LOT closer to the FN price than I do the VF price, so to me that's in the ballprak.

Let me go check GPA.

GPA is only 1304 with the last one selling for 1064.

Seems in the ballpark to me too. Metro has a 6.5 for $1050, so $1200 for a 7.0 seems right on.

i should have done my homework like you boys. my initial reaction was WOW - what a bargain, until i realized it had cream - o/w pgs. still a first issue of a key character from 1960 should command closer to guide in 7.0...... sumo.gif

i should have done my homework like you boys. my initial reaction was WOW - what a bargain, until i realized it had cream - o/w pgs. still a first issue of a key character from 1960 should command closer to guide in 7.0...... sumo.gif

Yeah, but what is "guide" for a 7.0?

well, even if you only took 1/3 of the difference between fine and very/fine instead of going halfway, "guide" would be around $1500+..............???

it would be interesting if others chimed in on how to make that call on 7.0's... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

well, even if you only took 1/3 of the difference between fine and very/fine instead of going halfway, "guide" would be around $1500+..............???

it would be interesting if others chimed in on how to make that call on 7.0's... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But it's not a first SA appearance issue, that's Showcase 22. It's more like JLA 1 than Brave & Bold 28. So, it's less 'key' and therefore subject to the soft pricing between Fine and Fine/Very Fine. confused-smiley-013.gif

See, this is where perceptions differ. I wouldn't think of qualifying that with "even if you took only 1/3." To my mind, 1/3 of the difference between 6.0 and 8.0 would be the maximum value of a 7.0. I would never even dream of splitting the difference. To me, 7.0 is priced exactly like "FN++" and not like "VF--"

See, this is where perceptions differ. I wouldn't think of qualifying that with "even if you took only 1/3." To my mind, 1/3 of the difference between 6.0 and 8.0 would be the maximum value of a 7.0. I would never even dream of splitting the difference. To me, 7.0 is priced exactly like "FN++" and not like "VF--"

actually, i always went 1/3 of the value between guide grades for a 7.0, an 8.5 and 9.2 ( before 2004). seemed to be more in keeping with the actually established "slope"..........so we basically agree.