• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post those awesome 8.0s, 8.5s, 9.0s and 9.2s!!!

269 posts in this topic

Spidey's and x-men...!!! what a gorgeous batch of books you've got there, congrats!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifcloud9.gif

Thanks p!

Marvel had a hell of a year at the movies in 2004!

Both X2 and Spidey2 kicked MAD !

This alone makes me proud that I've been a collector for almost 25 years!

I'm glad they did my boys justice!

Oh yea! ASM # 75 is my Birthday Comic! - Aug 1969

Those are gorgeous early Marvels, FF. That FF10 is a freak, it is so well-preserved - does it have one of those barely perceptible non-color breaking indents on the back that keep it from an even more miraculous grade?

This is a very cool thread, and we've seen a wide range of books so far. Let's face it, old books ranging from 8.0 - 9.2 are fantastic copies with great collectable appeal. There are just a ton of books receiving 9.0 or 9.2 grades from CGC that, for over a decade prior to CGC, even the strictest graders of the hobby considered NM- and NM books, respectively.

Here are two examples of the least-nimble Superhero of them all, the yellow-costumed Iron-Man! From the heft of an iron skillet alone, can you imagine what that costume must've weighed?

664049-TOS41.jpg

664049-TOS43.jpg

664049-TOS43.jpg.24714909624da498fd01f0ca8ef01ad8.jpg

Hmmm, I never knew ther was a bad Doc Strange?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh well that is the Marvel Universe for ya,

you never know what they'll think up next.

NF3

I was actually reading TOS 41 this week (Essential Iron Man V1). I wasn't aware of an evil Dr Strange either.

That FF10 is a freak, it is so well-preserved - does it have one of those barely perceptible non-color breaking indents on the back that keep it from an even more miraculous grade?

No, the bottom staple is slightly sunken, but since they're very slightly on the back, you can barely tell from the front but you can from the back. Also there is a little bit of wear right on the spine's edge at the top.

If I ever resubmit books, the FF 10 and Spidey 15 are the first to go. I can't see why they aren't a 9.4 and 9.2 respectively.

Those are awesome books!!!!! I really like the first Kraven, I mean REALLY like IT. hail.gif

A well preserved 8.0 to 9.2 book is a THING of BEAUTY.

It is amazing to think that you can probably have a run of a SA title in 9.0 for less than 1/3 what it would cost to have in 9.4. AND THEY BOTH START WITH A NINE ON THE LABEL (for those label freaks).

Those are awesome books!!!!! I really like the first Kraven, I mean REALLY like IT. hail.gif

A well preserved 8.0 to 9.2 book is a THING of BEAUTY.

It is amazing to think that you can probably have a run of a SA title in 9.0 for less than 1/3 what it would cost to have in 9.4. AND THEY BOTH START WITH A NINE ON THE LABEL (for those label freaks).

Yea, no doubt. I like that book too!, but mainly because I'm a Kraven fan...

That is one villian that I think belongs on film.

Why?

Because he's a really believable psycho for instance...

Think of all the redneck hunters that truely believe they are Kraven [#@$%!!!]-Sapien Supreme!

I think him and the lizard would be an awesome tagteam for Spidey 3, mainly because they both

are so hell bent on world domination.

oh well my 2 cent are over... wink.gif

NF3

FF,

Get that FF#10 resubed now, it just looks fantastic and would probably get you a 9.6 unless there are some internal defects or back cover flaws we can't see. The spine and edges are just razor shapr. Even that FF#6 is easily a 9.0. Sorry but I am convinced that old labels were in general more harshly graded than they are now. Super books. thumbsup2.gif