• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post those awesome 8.0s, 8.5s, 9.0s and 9.2s!!!

269 posts in this topic

Don't graded copies usually sell for higher than Overstreet? Especially high grade books? I guess I got lucky.. yay.gif

Not necessarily. Midgrade copies and low grade copies sell for guide or less a lot of the time.

The last 8.0 copy of this book sold for $866 in December 2004. Another 8.0 copy sold a year before that for $1,000. There were a few other sales in the $800-1000 range in 2003, and one sale in February 2003 for $1,376. Yours is the second highest price paid for an 8.0, out of 10 reported sales since June 2002. I don't know what the page quality was on the prior sales, but I would guess that most of them were better than cream to off-white.

It doesn't mean you couldn't turn around and sell it for more on ComicLink, but I wouldn't stick it right back up on ebay trying to flip it either.

Anyway, what really matters is that you bought the book at a price that made you happy, and at a substantial discount to guide. thumbsup2.gif

Got alot that fit into this category, so here's two more:

The first issue with Thor in his own title is surprisingly difficult to pick up in NM, and some of the nicest SA pedigrees are lacking a NM copy of this ish. This NM (Near Miss) is from the massive "Las Vegas" SA collection, and depicts a great battle between two of the more "juiced"-looking heroes:

Thor126.jpg

This BA beauty with the awesome cover art cost me a mere 30 cents, and is from the Namisgr 7-11 Spinner-Rack pedigree. Just the barest rounding of a couple of the corners is probably what kept it from NM, and even as a college student, I had a pretty good eye for QP:

X-Men101.jpg

Thought I'd post this before freeing it from it's plastic tomb...

Great story by the way...Human bombs trying to kill the Vision, an android, because he's having relations with a human. One of my favorite childhood stories... cloud9.gif

aven113mj.jpg

Jim

Thought I'd post this before freeing it from it's plastic tomb...

Great story by the way...Human bombs trying to kill the Vision, an android, because he's having relations with a human. One of my favorite childhood stories... cloud9.gif

aven113mj.jpg

Jim

Hee hee, is there anything busier than a Bronze Age Sal Buscema cover? Holy frijoles, my eyeballs are getting whiplash trying to figure out the focal point on this cover.... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Here are a couple that I've gotten graded:

Cap117.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

Love the Cap!!!

Any chance that one will be 'released' from your collection?!?!?!

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Get in line sumo.gif

First one to find me a raw 9.4 can have this one in a straight-up trade. tongue.gif