• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOW DO I TELL...?

11 posts in this topic

Usually if you open up the comic, you'll find some publishing info in fine print at the very bottom of the page and it'll be written out at SECOND EDITION or 2nd EDITION. The placement of the info varies but it's always there.

It could be the inner portion of the front cover, bottom of one of the first three pages or the bottom of the inner part of the back cover.

The last number of the bar code in the right side of the box will be a '1' if first, '2' if second, etc. I am sure DC and Marvel do this, and I think the other publishers do as well.

The last number of the bar code in the right side of the box will be a '1' if first, '2' if second, etc. I am sure DC and Marvel do this, and I think the other publishers do as well.

+1

+2

+1

+2

I think he posted a newsstand #1 - not sure how DC does it but I think that barcode rule only works for direct editions.