• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MIle High Comics Stores??

25 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Looking for a little advice, I am going to Denver in August which Mile High store should I visit while I am there? Generally looking for silver and bronze age - raw and CGC.

Thanks for any information.

Kolin

...and of course, WAY overpriced.

You have to write the current code word on a baseball bat and take it in there with you....he'll lower his prices.

I was disappointed. Kind of a dark store, uninviting, and of course, WAY overpriced.

It was meant to just be a warehouse. Hence, warehouse lighting, concrete floor, etc... Then people started asking to go see the spectacle and buy the inventory. So it was open by appointment only, then open one day a week, then all the time because there was money to be made.

I was disappointed. Kind of a dark store, uninviting, and of course, WAY overpriced.

It was meant to just be a warehouse. Hence, warehouse lighting, concrete floor, etc... Then people started asking to go see the spectacle and buy the inventory. So it was open by appointment only, then open one day a week, then all the time because there was money to be made.

That doesn't make up for the triple prices on books. :makepoint:

Sometimes the sheeple will pay more.

All the lonely sheeple, where do they all come from?

Now look at all the lonely sheeple...

(cue orchestra)

beatles_12a.jpg

Hello all,

Looking for a little advice, I am going to Denver in August which Mile High store should I visit while I am there? Generally looking for silver and bronze age - raw and CGC.

Thanks for any information.

Kolin

In my humble opinion, I would suggest Time Warp Comics in Boulder. You'll be glad you skipped MH.

Dan

Any store that sometimes offers a 75% discount for cash has to leave a guy scratching his head. I typically try to avoid Mile High at all costs, if you want a good old school LCS try Aamazing Fantasy Comics in Littleton. Shawn is a great guy and knows virtually everything about comics.

And yes, it is spelled with two AA's. Back in the day when people still used phones books it put him as the first listing lol

Any store that sometimes offers a 75% discount for cash has to leave a guy scratching his head. I typically try to avoid Mile High at all costs, if you want a good old school LCS try Aamazing Fantasy Comics in Littleton. Shawn is a great guy and knows virtually everything about comics.

And yes, it is spelled with two AA's. Back in the day when people still used phones books it put him as the first listing lol

Maybe he's a big Fonzie fan.

fonzie37489623946239.gif

Didn't say it did.

Didn't say it did.

loveyou.gif