• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Strange Tales 187

8 posts in this topic

So yeah, it's a lousy reprint issue, but MUST.HAVE.THEM.ALL. Really, I blame my father for this collector's impulse. Daddy issues. Anyhow...

So yeah, need this to complete the run. A very nice copy tbh, but I don't know what's up with the interior pages protruding like they do.

I count 2 spine tics on the front. A couple of hard to see NCB creases in masthead. Little bit of corner damage to BLFC. Slight pressable bend BLRC. Otherwise, back is very flat, great shape.

Offwhite interior. No hidden defects.

Metropolis advertised this at

Big Pic front

Big Pic rear

rgCofHol.jpg

acaWeK4l.jpg

The cover can't be totally tight to the staples and have the interior pages protrude at the top, can it?

Much depends on this, methinks.

hm

I just opened it up and took a look. For one thing, the pages would probably get tagged cream. It's been really hard to find a decent copy of this book. Probably because it's a filler reprint issue that nobody bothered keeping.

Anyhow...the cover on the bottom aligns with the pages at the bottom. The cover at the top, well, it doesn't. And the interior has no shift to it. It's like the interior pages are just slightly longer than the cover. Or someone trimmed just the top front cover :P.

I think it's likely a production problem.

Nice, I never saw this one — luckily I always disliked the reprints issues, I almost always skip them! :D

Looks pretty much flawless, I’d say in the NM range or even a bit above…

@cpannell: It can, although it’s more common with SA books, but it can also depends on very slight spine roll which should not affect the grade much.