• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

MAXIMUM "SUGGESTED" POSTS PER DAY PER PERSON  

129 members have voted

1. 1. MAXIMUM "SUGGESTED" POSTS PER DAY PER PERSON

22 posts in this topic

The time has come to voice your opinion so please cast your vote.

I don't want to drag this out any longer so let the people speak. The original "suggested guideline" for maximum number of posts per day per person was three (3). Nothing to the best of my knowledge was ever published or "written in stone". It was what is known as an "unwritten suggestion". Not enforceable but recommended.

Through exhaustive research into the hundreds of archived pages of the PGM forum I found little evidence that pointed to this "suggestion" being violated repeatedly. Few people ever posted more than two books at any one time, let alone three. There was the odd occasion when someone posted more than three and more than four, and I too was guilty until advised otherwise.

It is not my intention nor anyone else who has helped with the formation of the Suggested Guidelines page to cause grief, confrontation or communization of this forum as has been suggested by a few. The idea of offering more than two choices in this poll was taken into consideration but the plain truth is that too many options would just complicate this genuinely simple issue even more than it already has.

The choice is simple so please cast your vote now!

VOTING ENDS FRIDAY JUNE 20, 2014 @ 10PM EDST

I'd rather folks include more books in a single thread than flood the boards with multiple ones. If someone wants to put ten books in one thread, why should I care? It's when someone starts hogging the first page that it seems bad form.

Tim just to be clear I in no way was caused any grief or confrontation by this. I was just arguing for my position in the community spirit of the boards.

It is an inconsequential issue and I really do appreciate all the effort you have put into finally getting a PGM intro stickied.

:foryou:

That said, EVERYONE VOTE 3!!

I'd rather folks include more books in a single thread than flood the boards with multiple ones. If someone wants to put ten books in one thread, why should I care? It's when someone starts hogging the first page that it seems bad form.

Ditto, that number of separate threads which show as new posts is what clutters the new post pages.

:ohnoez: I never even considered that one book per post per thread was an issue.

So to start a conversation I think three books per day but in a single thread is a really nice compromise. Can we come to some sort of agreement on that? Is it necessary to start a fresh poll or could people just voice their opinions here!

Tim just to be clear I in no way was caused any grief or confrontation by this. I was just arguing for my position in the community spirit of the boards.

It is an inconsequential issue and I really do appreciate all the effort you have put into finally getting a PGM intro stickied.

:foryou:

That said, EVERYONE VOTE 3!!

No grief was implied by comments that were genuine and constructive, as your were.

I surely hope that everyone realizes that constructive comments that contribute value are most appreciated and welcomed.

Thanks you sir! And I hope you comment on the scenario of three books to a single post as an alternative compromise to the four post/single book per post idea!

Cheers!

Tim

Multiple books in a single thread gets too confusing, and doesn't serve the purpose of this forum. Readers lose sight of which books get which grade. Trust me, this forum evolved over years to how it is (or at least how it was before 2 months ago) for good reasons. It actually worked, and was fun and enjoyable.

I don't particularly care for multiple books in a single thread as well. I don't get confused by it but I can see where there can be some confusion. I personally like a thread dedicated to one book but that's just my own preference. One of the Boardies mentioned (Guidelines thread I think) that some people may not grade a book because they are not interested enough in the book. I am that way to some extent, but also If I cannot determine a grade that I am comfortable with then I'll close the thread and move on.

Scenario,... A thread has 3 books for grading and I grade 2 of the 3. Can this be misconstrued by others as being rude or maybe confusion on my part? As a kind gesture do I leave a little note as to why I didn't/couldn't grade the other one?

I voted 3 books in the poll but I think in some instances daily may be a bit too often. I'm sure we've all seen some books remain on page 1 for up to 3 or 4 days and if a Poster submits 2,3, or 4 daily then we may possibly experience dominance on the first page.

When I post a book for grading and the thread starts working it's way down page 2 then I feel people are pretty much done with it. As a courtesy, I'll wait until my thread has hit page 2 or 3 if not further before I post any more.

Multiple books in a single thread gets too confusing, and doesn't serve the purpose of this forum. Readers lose sight of which books get which grade. Trust me, this forum evolved over years to how it is (or at least how it was before 2 months ago) for good reasons. It actually worked, and was fun and enjoyable.

Ditto.

To use one thread for more than one book is not feasible, very few people could control it, or follow it well.

I voted 3 per day, but I guess three books in one thread would be an acceptable compromise. Certainly someone could post 10 books in one thread if they want to, but the odds of my offering a guess on each book is pretty slim. I wouldn't want to burn out before moving onto someone else's book.

I don't post lots of grades but I like checking out the different books and I like seeing different poster's book so I would prefer no more than 3. One book per post.

Questions -

Who's going to monitor this?

Button humping for the extra and then will the mods removed the extra book(s)?

I assume the 24 hour period starts with the first book or does a day mean 12 am to 12 pm (for a certain time zone)?

Edit. I guess my questions except maybe the last one are moot. I noticed Tim did say it was not enforceable but rather a suggestion.

It's an honor system, and always has been. When someone goes over, it is politely pointed out to them. I've never seen anyone abuse it, once notified.

This. When it is abused, I just don't grade the fourth book.

And when I say I'd accept 3 per thread as a compromise, that is assuming one is needed. I do prefer one per thread, three max per day.

Well I think it's becoming quite obvious that the three book suggestion will, ahem....rule! lol It was never my intention to create chaos or mayhem and for that I sincerely apologize.

I personally voted 4 because it didn't seem to be a big deal. I also personally prefer one book per thread because it's easier to handle then multiple entries in a single thread.

I don't think this forum is overly saturated by any one member when it comes to posting books for grading and my only wish is that the forum members learn to get along. Be patient with the "noobies" no matter how many times we have to repeat ourselves and learn to make our time here as enjoyable as possible.

Peace and cheers!

Tim

I really don't post grades here anymore, but I do like looking at the books, making my guess and later comparing to others opinions and/or results. I prefer one book per thread as I normally only look at books I have an interest in.

I really don't post grades here anymore, but I do like looking at the books, making my guess and later comparing to others opinions and/or results. I prefer one book per thread as I normally only look at books I have an interest in.

So it’s you that do not grade my italian comics! :baiting: