• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Possibly the least significant Grail book ever?

15 posts in this topic

All things come to he who sits and waits...

Welcome back to my first journal since Feb 11. Just got too busy with life, a business trip to England (I loaded up on pence Marvels), and family stuff. Fortunately, all along a submission was being run through the mill...

I've been on the lookout for certain books that certain boardies need. Sometimes, I find one but rarely is it in good enough condition. I took a chance on one in particular because the price was right, even though it was an online purchase so I couldn't verify the condition with my own eyes. When it arrived, I thought it had an outside chance, so I included it in a submission via CCS for a Quickpress. I unpacked it last night. Even though it wasn't the rarest, or most valuable, or even for my own collection, seeing this one made my day.

I sent it in with two people in mind, but now which one will get it? I decided not to decide; I'll let them work it out among themselves. Thus, I officially offer to Tnerb and bagofleas the following -

- the first and only thus far graded by CGC -

- not yet listed in the Census -

- CGC 9.8 with White pages -

New Mutants 58.

15617.jpg

See more journals by wardevil0

As previously mentioned, New Mutants was one of the first comics I read that made me a collector. I bought a New Mutants 21 for half cover price at a used book store in about 1986 and was hooked immediately.

But I never liked Doug or Bird-boy anyway, and Bret Blevins's art just killed me.

It's amazing. And I don't mean the book. In the scheme of what I'm talking about the book is insignificant to the deed. I can't thank you enough for going through the tedious process of searching for this particular book and then submitting it with the possibility it will not even get the coveted grade. I have already talked to the fleas and with the case of caring more for my lil' bro than having the comic book I have already told him it is his if he wants it.

However, I will always appreciate what you did. And if you get a copy of the New Mutants annual 4, well, I call dibs.

Tnerb

I am completely in agreement with Tnerb. The fact that you actually went out of your way to find something for someone else like this is far more amazing than the book itself!! I know both of us can't begin to thank you for your efforts here.

We are still on the lookout for another copy of both this and Annual 4 for us. And I've no doubt that with friends on the registry like you, we will have no problem eventually finding them.

Thank you so much!!!

Hey, I'm happy to help. I got the excitement of unpacking the slab, then checking the registry to verify that it was still needed, then checking the census to see that it still showed 0 in 9.8. :applause:

Given the amount of journals and posts describing the quest for the ultimate New Mutants set, how could I not pitch in? We're building a community here. (thumbs u And besides, it was still better than the copy I already had, so even if it didn't make 9.8 it would be an upgrade for me.

By the way, for those in the bleachers, arrangements have been made successfully to transfer possession to bagofleas.

And the search goes on for another equal copy of this for my big bro and those elusive 9.8s of Annual 4 for both of us!

With friends like this on the registry, how can any of us go wrong?

This is exactly the kind of community we all want to have built here. So great to see it come to pass in little ways like this!

You guys all rock!!!!!

Totally amazed. Fantastic gesture wardevil. Kudos to you my friend. Is there anything we should all be keeping an eye out for that you are having trouble finding for your collection?