• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS loses my Bat 49 and GL 1, please keep an eye out!

84 posts in this topic

I'm interested in hearing how CC is helping out. If not found will you be compensated? And if so, by whom. If a sig by someone who isn't the right recipient, who is liable?

If you're sending to a company like CC, who's sig makes them liable?

Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing. I hope you end up with the best possible outcome.

It's a shame whenever these unique books lose their way.

I'm interested in hearing how CC is helping out. If not found will you be compensated? And if so, by whom. If a sig by someone who isn't the right recipient, who is liable?

Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing. I hope you end up with the best possible outcome.

CC has already inquired with other offices in their building to make sure the package wasn't delivered to one of them, and as I mentioned, they're meeting with the mail carrier and an inspector on Monday.

As for who's liable, in my mind it's USPS. I paid for signature confirmation and didn't get it. Signature confirmation provides not just a signature, but the recipient's address. If I had that, I'd know where the books are.

CC has already inquired with other offices in their building to make sure the package wasn't delivered to one of them, and as I mentioned, they're meeting with the mail carrier and an inspector on Monday.

As for who's liable, in my mind it's USPS. I paid for signature confirmation and didn't get it. Signature confirmation provides not just a signature, but the recipient's address. If I had that, I'd know where the books are.

I hate to hear of this Jeff. There is always a chance they will turn up. Your GL 1 is very recognizable and someone is bound to be offered it at some point.

Sorry to hear about it loss. I hope they catch the **spoon** that did this. :wishluck:

Jeff, I am really sorry to hear that your books are missing. I always send expensive books like these priority Registered mail, insured at fair market value. Registered mail comes with a Signature Requirement. If your books wind up missing then you are covered against their loss provided that you can prove what you say they are worth. EJR

Jeff,

Most of all, I'm hoping your books are returned to you.

But in the meantime, I'm hoping that USPS ends up covering the cost. I completely agree the burden is on them since they failed to follow through on their delivery contract with you.

You'll be the first I tell if ever I see these sweet books.

Best of luck to you,

Carl

Jeff,

But in the meantime, I'm hoping that USPS ends up covering the cost. I completely agree the burden is on them since they failed to follow through on their delivery contract with you.

Best of luck to you,

Carl

I worked as a mail carrier for a couple of months one Christmas season. They will only pay for the books if they were insured, otherwise everyone would just avoid paying insurance fees by getting signature confirmation. If they weren't insured, I think the only refund would be for the signature confirmation that you didn't receive.

Incidentally, regular mail carriers know their routes and don't mis-deliver packages. Find out if there was a sub on the route that day. If the mail carrier was the regular one, it's extremely unlikely that the package got delivered anywhere other than the CConnect receiving location.

Jeff,

Best of luck to you,

Carl

I worked as a mail carrier for a couple of months one Christmas season. They will only pay for the books if they were insured, otherwise everyone would just avoid paying insurance fees by getting signature confirmation. If they weren't insured, I think the only refund would be for the signature confirmation that you didn't receive.

Incidentally, regular mail carriers know their routes and don't mis-deliver packages. Find out if there was a sub on the route that day. If the mail carrier was the regular one, it's extremely unlikely that the package got delivered anywhere other than the CConnect receiving location.

I'm hoping that we don't have to have the discussion about who's liable, and that they just find the package. But the fact that they can't prove that the package was delivered anywhere should count for something.

I sent a priority package to a buyer sig req'd. The box allegedly opened up in the postal confines between point A and B. Meaning the contents, which I proved was inside with eBay photos value sold, paypal documents etc. I got nothing. I didn't even get my postage back nor the fees for the sig they never got. Good luck here Jeff

I keep checking this thread hoping you have found your books safe and sound, best of luck. I have no idea what I would do if this happened to me, but like Xavier said, this could happen to any of us. :eek:

This community helps one another and I would be inclined to believe one of us will see it come up. Hopefully soon.

There's quite a few businesses in the Metro building so that sounds promising, but it might also have been delivered next door as well as they adjoin many businesses on the same street. Maybe Metro can check that out as well. Good luck.