• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The centerpiece of your collection

282 posts in this topic

I actually have two.....one SA and one GA..... the GA book is a Thunda # 1 that I bought from Jim Payette some time ago as a VG+ ......and it's every bit of that.... missing one small chip at the right edge. Also has a full Frank Frazetta autograph.I've been a Frazetta fan so long I can't really remember when I first saw his work.... probably an ERB or RE Howard paperback in the early 70's. It's not super valuable.... but I doubt I could bring myself to sell it..... I can't really think of anything I'd rather have. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

scan0004-12.jpg

scan0005-15.jpg

.....here's the SA book.... Pacific Coast FF 13 ......probably the only book from that collection that's never been slabbed. I got it from one of my best friends.... so it also has a lot of sentimental value. GOD BLESS...

101_2382.jpg

Hard decision, I'll say this one. Windy City Copy. Took years to land one, and then more years to complete 3 issue run. Thank you Andy(Dr. Love) for selling it to me all those years ago! imagejpg1_zps5ed51adf.jpg

I'm torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool. Loving both of them, is breaking all the rules

adventure40vg-plus_zpsd2adb8b0.jpg

Batman17_0_zps08adf7aa.jpg

Two possible paths taken by master Pons and the force is strong with him for both.

Torn too, am I. So break the rules, I must. smiley-sw006.gif

My centerpieces represent two collections, one comics, the other pulps, ...and both art. smiley-galerija.gif

The centerpiece of my TIMELY collection...

d9ab7b4d-7b1e-41d8-b44a-7cbbc28d34a5_zps6359b758.jpg

And the centerpiece of my PULP art collection...

25033418-5adf-4cd0-8205-d4adfc9e5917_zpsa1e755c9.jpg

Kudos to the bodacious Mitch & Theo for my acquisition of these masterworks. :acclaim:

:rulez: Of course, in the spirit of Flex's orig. post and Bill's dilemma, this would probably be my first choice...

96e8f50b-d5dd-4389-94f7-e8a955760a5b_zps1008e2a6.jpg

...because it's a stunningly beautiful cover from the dawn of the GA,

...features a colorful villain in the grand pulp tradition

...and is the centerpiece of my modest DC collection. :grin:

Great choices so far everyone. :applause:

Bats has always been my favorite,and this one tops the list for me.I'm all smiles every time I page thru it. :cloud9:

IMG_20130305_0001_zps2b833212.jpg

I love it. I bet it looks better now, than when it was on the newstand. (worship):ohnoez::golfclap:

Bats has always been my favorite,and this one tops the list for me.I'm all smiles every time I page thru it. :cloud9:

I didn't know you had one of those -- beautiful copy!

I actually have two.....one SA and one GA..... the GA book is a Thunda # 1 that I bought from Jim Payette some time ago as a VG+ ......and it's every bit of that.... missing one small chip at the right edge. Also has a full Frank Frazetta autograph.I've been a Frazetta fan so long I can't really remember when I first saw his work.... probably an ERB or RE Howard paperback in the early 70's. It's not super valuable.... but I doubt I could bring myself to sell it..... I can't really think of anything I'd rather have. GOD BLESS....

scan0004-12.jpg

scan0005-15.jpg

.....here's the SA book.... Pacific Coast FF 13 ......probably the only book from that collection that's never been slabbed. I got it from one of my best friends.... so it also has a lot of sentimental value. GOD BLESS...

101_2382.jpg

Very nice Jimbo that FF 13 looks spectacular.

I'm going with "which of my books is the most historically significant" - and I don't mean which issue generally, but which of my actual copies.

Funny thing is that this book does not fit within any of my core collecting streams, and it's not my most "valuable" book...it's just unbelievable. I still can't get over it - a Japanese girl reading and collecting all these comics featuring the American military/military-type heroes fighting the "evil" Japanese, while herself interned by the American military...and this one here is "Military Comics"...fighting "Captain Hitsu and his Suicide Squadron" - just unbelievable. Not to mention that this particular cover has quite a striking design and just a beautiful combination of colors - a real pleasure to hold in my hands.

My Okajima (thanks Straw-Man):

militarycomics31_f_zpsf457b6b0.jpg

I didn't know you had one of those -- beautiful copy!

Russ has an amazing collection. You'd be surprised how many killer books he has

I'm going with "which of my books is the most historically significant" - and I don't mean which issue generally, but which of my actual copies.

Funny thing is that this book does not fit within any of my core collecting streams, and it's not my most "valuable" book...it's just unbelievable. I still can't get over it - a Japanese girl reading and collecting all these comics featuring the American military/military-type heroes fighting the "evil" Japanese, while herself interned by the American military...and this one here is "Military Comics"...fighting "Captain Hitsu and his Suicide Squadron" - just unbelievable. Not to mention that this particular cover has quite a striking design and just a beautiful combination of colors - a real pleasure to hold in my hands.

My Okajima (thanks Straw-Man):

militarycomics31_f_zpsf457b6b0.jpg

Very cool and obviously a special book.

Some really great stuff posted so far. :applause:

Mine is super predictable and several others already posted but he it is.

batman1.jpg

I knew exactly which book you would select Greg, and I'm equally sure you predicted what I would select as well

;)