• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The centerpiece of your collection

282 posts in this topic

Great choices so far everyone. :applause:

Bats has always been my favorite,and this one tops the list for me.I'm all smiles every time I page thru it. :cloud9:

IMG_20130305_0001_zps2b833212.jpg

I didn't know you had one of those -- beautiful copy!

This copy is just crazy. Russ any urge to have it graded just so we can drool some more?

Actually I bought it slabbed,but much prefer it raw. It was graded at 8.0 mod(p) but imho it looks a bit nicer.

tec31_zps750a760b.jpg

Bats has always been my favorite,and this one tops the list for me.I'm all smiles every time I page thru it. :cloud9:

This copy is just crazy. Russ any urge to have it graded just so we can drool some more?

Actually I bought it slabbed,but much prefer it raw. It was graded at 8.0 mod(p) but imho it looks a bit nicer.

tec31_zps750a760b.jpg

And who did you buy it from :baiting:

This may be cheating, but the "centerpiece of my collection" is my Marvel Mystery Comics #1-66 run I am building. Only 8 issues to go!

mmcGroupshot1_zpsd3af28ce.jpg

I count ten issues missing (only 56 in the group shot). :baiting:

I need to update that pic. Since then I've added #26, 36, #61 & #63 to the tally. Still need #1-6, 9 & #53.

tec31_zps750a760b.jpg

And who did you buy it from :baiting:

Gator or Russ;

Another resto book that certainly presents a lot nicer than the stated grade on the CGC label.

What are the key defects that knock this gorgeous looking copy all the way down to only a 8.0 VF grade? ???

It took me 25 years to finally complete this set. Together it's the centerpiece of my collection.

AshcanSuperFamily-1.jpg

:applause: Very cool

Kudos to you Moondog! that is an impressive feat! (thumbs u

[font:Arial Black]The Creeping Death - George Rozen - 1933 [/font]

imagejpg1_zpsb7218c5f.jpg

[font:Arial Black]The Third Skull - George Rozen - 1935[/font]

imagejpg1_zpse27433da.jpg

It's always nice seeing these awesome centerpieces from your collection, Dwight. :cloud9:

Color me envious! (worship)

[font:Arial Black]The Third Skull - George Rozen - 1935[/font]

imagejpg1_zpse27433da.jpg

It's always nice seeing these awesome centerpieces from your collection, Dwight. :cloud9:

Color me envious! (worship)

+1 color me the same! (thumbs u

That's it....after seeing all your guys stuff I am way intimidated. Wow,just WOW.I love my books,but Geez gang,the amazing stuff you all have is..well...I feel privileged to know some of you and see it.Moon,holy...that Spirit...everyone...

This thread is historic!Bill and you others who can't decide...the Marvel collection..

I am just so blown away.

Loving every minute of it though,can't wait to see more.

Jimmers

what issue number is that off the Shadow magazine?

This gets me every time I see it. I can't believe people are allowed to own such coolness!

The issue is from The Shadow pulp, Jan. 15th, 1933

The artist is George Rozen