• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The centerpiece of your collection

282 posts in this topic

Seeing HRCostigan just post that wonderful Wonder Comics #1 and describe it as the centerpiece of his collection made me curious to know what my fellow boardies consider the centerpiece of yours?

Is it a key book, or maybe a book with particular sentimental value?

Remember, "There can be only one!"

For me I guess it would have to be Catman #15, because I went to such great lengths to get a copy when the opportunity I never thought I'd have finally arose.

Catman15.jpg

My "keys" are not keys at all, but books with what I consider great covers, especially if they are particularly hard to come by.

I'll always be grateful to GAtor for selling me his entire run, then helping me flip all but this and one other issue to leave only those two to pay for. Now that was a scary ride!

Not being a key collector also Flex i can say you and i love almost the same books.I choose the Punch as my avatar when i came on the boards so i would say it's my centerpiece and most likely the last book to go when i purge or the wife purges for me :)

<a  href=http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/comicjack/12_zps733a5ac4.jpg' alt='12_zps733a5ac4.jpg'>

That's a very pretty looking Catman Michael. I actually love that cover the more I look at it. What other issue did you end up keeping?

I'll have to take some time to think about the centre piece of my collection. It's a real toss up between 2 or 3 sentimental books with cool covers... hm

Not being a key collector also Flex i can say you and i love almost the same books.I choose the Punch as my avatar when i came on the boards so i would say it's my centerpiece and most likely the last book to go when i purge or the wife purges for me :)

:golfclap:

:golfclap:

Ditto. And, isn't the Nick Cage copy a 5.0? Hard to find that book in any grade, let alone fine!! Beautiful.

For me it is Blue Circle #6:

01_BC6_cover_zps44460146.jpg

I actually found this as a fluke, and immediately loved it. There are only a handful of these and the condition of this one made me very happy! There is somerwhere between 8-20 of these things and I now have two :cloud9:

(worship)

Also nice thread Flex. I won't repost my book so soon, but I'll add that I chose it for a combination of historic value (lawsuit), place in my little niche in the hobby (first Fox book), and scarcity.

Seeing HRCostigan just post that wonderful Wonder Comics #1 and describe it as the centerpiece of his collection made me curious to know what my fellow boardies consider the centerpiece of yours?

Is it a key book, or maybe a book with particular sentimental value?

Remember, "There can be only one!"

For me I guess it would have to be Catman #15, because I went to such great lengths to get a copy when the opportunity I never thought I'd have finally arose.

Catman15.jpg

My "keys" are not keys at all, but books with what I consider great covers, especially if they are particularly hard to come by.

I'll always be grateful to GAtor for selling me his entire run, then helping me flip all but this and one other issue to leave only those two to pay for. Now that was a scary ride!

Great story. I wonder if G.A.tor would help me acquire a complete run of Action and then flip almost all of them so I could pay for Action 1? hm

It's tough to make a choice, but for the reasons reflected in my board name, it's probably this one.

That is a beautiful copy! It is probably one of my grails (thumbs u