• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most modern books - Needs your advice to buy them OR NOT!

62 posts in this topic

I passed that place for four years and finally decided to check it out. I didn't know that place sells many comic books (about 40 long boxes). Most modern comic books.

Went through all. Almost nothing special but I managed to find few so I placed them behind the magazine size comic books so no one will look for them.

He sells them for half price but I am asking you if it is worth to buy them OR NOT!

What I found:

Alpha Flight 106 NM 1st Printing with Red Logo. Northstar came out of the closet.

Alpha Flight 130 NM (scarce due to a low distribution)

Batman 457 NM New Robin's costume

Detective Comics 603-607 All NM The Mud Pack 4 Part.

I checked the price for all those books. Not expensive but I can keep them for a long time.

The magazines are the good stuff.

Half price from what? Cover? Guide?

Thank you! I waited for the right moment.

Apparently, all those comic books are UNWANTED so all books are at half prices.

Most books are selling at $2 to $5. I know they are overpriced so that half prices will be $1 to $2.50. I don't think he ever used the guide.

Also, he has few key issues in the glass display. He wants $99 for Avengers #93 but that book in G/VG condition. The guide shows $26 for VG 4.0.

Hopefully it helps.

This is a weird thread. Most people that ask for advice on buying comics do so on high value items an not dollar items. That aside, wouldn't the correct way to pose this question be to list the book you want and the exact price they are asking? How could anyone give advice on buying a book when there are no prices listed? Don't the total of these comics add up to like $20 or something? (shrug)

This is a weird thread. Most people that ask for advice on buying comics do so on high value items an not dollar items. That aside, wouldn't the correct way to pose this question be to list the book you want and the exact price they are asking? How could anyone give advice on buying a book when there are no prices listed? Don't the total of these comics add up to like $20 or something? (shrug)

I know that obviously. It is not hard to question this. Do you believe those books are worthy to buy or not?

I don't know why I don't get the easy answer from highly intelligent people here.

I know that obviously. It is not hard to question this. Do you believe those books are worthy to buy or not?

I don't know why I don't get the easy answer from highly intelligent people here.

Can't tell if you're joking or being serious about being so undecided on these books. (shrug)

Can't tell if you're joking or being serious about being so undecided on these books. (shrug)

That is why everyone got used to have jokes each other everyday in this forum. I am not joking but this is simply a stupid question.

I am very sure those are probably nothing. Those books were not picked up at all like all other unworthy books -- just wondered. I am sure anybody will know those books than I do. Just grab or not.

Just advice me to buy those "minor" or "little significant" key issues OR NOT.

The price is not the issue to me but all books are Near Mint.

OK, Here's some advice. Those "magazine size comic books"? Yeah, those are Magazines.

I hid all comic books behind the magazine size comic books so the dealer won't look for them or the buyers will find them.

I know your joke. (thumbs u