• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Buyers...What Do You Want From Sellers?

88 posts in this topic

Use more than two pieces of cardboard when shipping.

+1

Also secure the comics to the cardboard. This way the comics wont slide out and get corner dinged. I hate that.

Make sure the cardboard is an inch wider then the comic in all areas. That way the cardboard absorbs the hits on the corners. If its dropped.

I am flexible on time I don't need it next day shipped, but would like it at my house in a week or so. I realize sometimes that's not feasible, but its a good round number.

If you an Amazon seller please learn how to pack comics. Most of u just plain suck at packing comics. (Just being honest.) Id also put competitive pricing, but on Amazon who we kidding.

Cheap international shipping rates, high quality scans or pictures of the book - not crappy mid-2000s cell phone pics that are blurred.

Just out of curiosity what is cheap shipping to you? You realize it isn't cheap even 1st class to Canada now a days.

It seems like buyers want the seller to eat at least some of the shipping cost. I've seen that attitude right here on the boards.

Rarely when I sell on the boards here, It's always "Can I have free shipping"? Or I'll give you $XXX.XX shipped. Sometimes the math tells you not to do it. Amazon built their empire by eating the shipping cost to increase customer loyalty, looks like it worked.

Good packaging , no one uses bubble wrap these days :(

I use bubble wrap. I love bubble wrap. In fact, I like to roll around nak... Any way, I use bubble wrap.

TMI :eyeroll:

Dude, not enough!

I want it packaged well and mailed by the next day after the auction ends.

:o

+1

I see disappointment in his future.

More disappointments than there are stars in the sky.

Bill, what is your eBay name so I can block you and save both of us disappointment?

I got my first comic from Sparklecitycomics yesterday. If anybody wants a prime example of how to package an item I highly recommend them.

Just because of that I'm going to be a returning customer...it's that easy.

Plus the comic was exactly as they described (even better)

***A little spendy but the extra $$$ is worth the peace of mind

Bill, what is your eBay name so I can block you and save both of us disappointment?

If you're a Top-Rated seller and get the fee/shipping discounts associated with that, you MUST have a 1-day handling time and a 14-day return policy. The 1-day handling time means that within 24 hours of payment you have to have the label not only printed out but scanned into the USPS system.

I ship everything that way because I have to to keep the discount, so it's not too far of a stretch.

Peace,

Chip

+1

One day does seem a little unrealistic.

+1

One day does seem a little unrealistic.

Unless you get the top rated seller discount.

+1

+1

Wonder if Bill sells and ships everything the next day. As a seller, we would like everything paid for the next day after auction ends but we all know that it will never happen. 2-3 days after item is paid for should be the standard.

If you're a Top-Rated seller and get the fee/shipping discounts associated with that, you MUST have a 1-day handling time and a 14-day return policy. The 1-day handling time means that within 24 hours of payment you have to have the label not only printed out but scanned into the USPS system.

I ship everything that way because I have to to keep the discount, so it's not too far of a stretch.

Peace,

Chip

I try to batch my packing times so I'm not packing comics every single day of the week. I typically go to the post office three days a week (MWF). I want the top-rated discount (currently power seller), but having to pack books and go to the PO everyday is not an efficient way for me to operate.

Sometimes a buyer will wait 3-6 days after an auction ends and pay at 11:00 on a week night. I don't know about you but getting up to pack someones book at that point to get the discount is not appealing. Also, I've been on vacation and someone does a BIN and since I don't have a store I can't put the "vacation hold" on my eBay presence and that jams up the TRS discount too. There are more examples.

I understand why eBay does the TRS discount. Believe me, it's to the company's benefit and not the seller. Ebay has done the math and know the likelihood of buyers spending more dollars if they have a certain experience on eBay. Example: What if a number cruncher figured out that a buyer on eBay is 37% more likely to buy another item in the same week they received an item from at TRS versus someone that took two weeks to get an item to them. The buyer would probably feel aggrevated on the latter and shop elsewhere (maybe... Amazon).

Companies NEVER (ever) just give something away without and angle that comes back to them. They say charity, I say tax write off. They say investing in customers, I say promoting your product. They say good will, I say dollar bills (coming your way). Is it a coincedence that companies promote all the "good things" they do for the world? :eyeroll:

No... the real truth here and that eBay forces the working class (us) to bough down to them and they make billions while we turn the economic wheel for them. It's a reflection of our society.

rantrant

So, what do I want as a buyer:

(1) Honesty

(2) Secure ship (no rush as long as it arrives safe)

(3) Good pics/scans

That's it ;)

Sometimes a buyer will wait 3-6 days after an auction ends and pay at 11:00 on a week night. I don't know about you but getting up to pack someones book at that point to get the discount is not appealing. Also, I've been on vacation and someone does a BIN and since I don't have a store I can't put the "vacation hold" on my eBay presence and that jams up the TRS discount too. There are more examples.

That's why the tracking requirement is not 100% to keep the discount. It's 90%. That gives a bit of leeway for situation like you described above.

As far as traveling to the post office every day...I don't. I schedule pickups right at my home.

Peace,

Chip

1. An estimated grade

2. Specific details on defects

3. Safe and secure packing

4. reasonable shipping costs.

5. decent customer service in case something goes wrong

6. Friendly doesn't hurt either