• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tower of Babble

5 posts in this topic

During my hiatus from collecting , I bought all the JLA journals from B&N, while searching for other reading material. I still got my comic fix, while not adding to the collection for awhile. Anyhow, the Tower of Babble, was a great read for me. Blend Batman's " prepare for anything" mentally with the Wayne money, and you can come up with some "contengency plans". Plus, Ra's plucking the graves of Bat's parents. It definently added to the Mythos of the Batman for me. Loved the little note with the "Red Kryptonite".

" If it ever came to it, it would come down to me and him."

During my hiatus from collecting , I bought all the JLA journals from B&N, while searching for other reading material. I still got my comic fix, while not adding to the collection for awhile. Anyhow, the Tower of Babble, was a great read for me. Blend Batman's " prepare for anything" mentally with the Wayne money, and you can come up with some "contengency plans". Plus, Ra's plucking the graves of Bat's parents. It definently added to the Mythos of the Batman for me. Loved the little note with the "Red Kryptonite".

" If it ever came to it, it would come down to me and him."

TOWER OF BABBLE is my favorite JLA story and in my oppinion one of Mark Waid's best writing performances on record.

I highly recommend it. It's avaluable as a TPB but if you wanna search out the issues it takes place in JLA #43-46

jla43.gifjla44.gifjla45.gifjla46.gif

I liked all of the current JLA run, except the Byrne issues

I'm a big fan of the whole Mark Waid run on JLA. I haven't picked up an issue since a little before Bryne took over. Do you recommend the current storyline?

The Byrne story with the vampires and all wa just stupid and seemed to be nothing more than a promo for his Metal Men title.

The current story is pretty good, after all it's being done by Kurt Busiek. It's the Crime Syndicate storyline.