• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v wars #1 print run for 1:100 and 1:200.........ridiculously low!

13 posts in this topic

Well, logically your math is correct, but I've heard that typically companies always print a set amount of copies regardless of the ordering, due to the cost to print.

For example, i heard Dinesh at Valiant say on a podcast say that the minimum they will print is 1,000 copies, even if it's a 1:100 or greater, and they'l end up using for the talent or future giveways...

I believe #1 had a print run of less than 11,000 comics. That would make 1:100 about 110 comic print run and 1:200 a 55 comic print run. Is this correct?

They were tied to the FCBD numbers...

NOT #1

Entirely different

FCBD # WAS MONSTEROUS...

FCBD 2014 V-WARS (MR) (NET)

IDW PUBLISHING

(W) Jonathan Maberry (A) Alan Robinson (CA) Kevin Eastman

New York Times bestselling horror author Jonathan Maberry presents the chronicle of the first Vampire War in V-Wars! This all-new tale leading into this summer's ongoing V-Wars series offers the first salvo in the battle between humans and hundreds of new species of vampires!

Product Update (12/30/2013): Item codes for ordering Incentive Variants of IDW Publishing's FCBD 2014 V-Wars (MR) (JAN140040J, 28¢) were not included in the January PREVIEWS Retailer Order Form. Order the 100-copy Incentive under item code NOV138127J, and the 200-copy Incentive under item code NOV138128J.

The announced ratio for books is what it takes for dealers to earn a copy.

What it takes for publisher employees to earn a copy might be walking over to the box and taking them.

What it takes for fans to earn a copy might be showing up at a convention panel.

What it takes for creators to earn a copy might be to ask for and receive as many as they want.

The ratios aren't a fact about print runs... they're a fact about dealer incentive programs.

The announced ratio for books is what it takes for dealers to earn a copy.

What it takes for publisher employees to earn a copy might be walking over to the box and taking them.

What it takes for fans to earn a copy might be showing up at a convention panel.

What it takes for creators to earn a copy might be to ask for and receive as many as they want.

The ratios aren't a fact about print runs... they're a fact about dealer incentive programs.

EXACTLY.

These variants were not ratio variants.

They sent them randomly to retailers that ordered 25 to 50 copies, so I'm assuming they had higher print runs than you stated.

No.

you're thinking of something else Jimmy.

A promo item to top 500 accounts.

Those were tied to the FCBD listing pal...

Not #1.

I'm positive.

100% certain.

I discussed w Dirk Wood.

I was going to do a V-Wars #1 w IDW but NO incentives tanked it for me.

FCBD 2014 V-WARS (MR) (NET)

IDW PUBLISHING

(W) Jonathan Maberry (A) Alan Robinson (CA) Kevin Eastman

New York Times bestselling horror author Jonathan Maberry presents the chronicle of the first Vampire War in V-Wars! This all-new tale leading into this summer's ongoing V-Wars series offers the first salvo in the battle between humans and hundreds of new species of vampires!

Product Update (12/30/2013): Item codes for ordering Incentive Variants of IDW Publishing's FCBD 2014 V-Wars (MR) (JAN140040J, 28¢) were not included in the January PREVIEWS Retailer Order Form. Order the 100-copy Incentive under item code NOV138127J, and the 200-copy Incentive under item code NOV138128J.