• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Livewires & Runaways

14 posts in this topic

Anybody know anything about these two titles starting up next year? I've heard of Runaways, but don't know anything about it. And Livewires I'm assuming is all-new, but looks more like a Manga book, which I'm not a fan of. confused-smiley-013.gif

Runaways (v.1) was a great book! Easily one of my favorite titles of last year. You can pick up the originals for cheap (I would think), or you can get the "digest-sized" versions for $8.

I'm completely stoked about v.2! yay.gif

Both books are in the February 2005 Marvel Previews.

Livewires (#1 of 6)

- Written by Adam Warren

- Penciled by Rick Mays

- "Hollowpoint Ninja. Gothic Lolita. Cornfed. Stem Cell. Social Butterfly. They’re nanobuilt humanform combat mecha, with "smartware" bodies specialized for covert ops and Artificially Intelligent minds programmed for suicidal loyalty. They’re the superhuman products of a top-secret, quasi-governmental R&D program with a unique agenda: namely, to seek out and destroy OTHER top-secret, quasi-governmental R&D programs. And in the ultratech underbelly of a Marvel Universe infested with mad suprageniuses, homebrewed WMDs, and bootlegged alien technologies, they have a lot of work to do…"

LIVEWIRES001_COV.jpg

Runaways (#1 of 6)

-Written by BRIAN K. VAUGHAN

-Pencils by ADRIAN ALPHONA

-Cover by JO CHEN

- "It's an all-new beginning for the book that WIZARD calls "the best original concept from Marvel in thirty years!" When a group of teenagers discovers that their parents are actually super-villains, they run away from home...but that's only step one! Now that the evil Pride is gone, nearly every bad guy in the Marvel Universe is trying to fill the power vacuum in Los Angeles, and the Runaways are the only heroes who can stop them! Plus, what does the mysterious new team EXCELSIOR want with the Runaways, and which fan-favorite Marvel characters are part of this group? All this and many more surprises await a brand-new era of the most unpredictable comic on the stands."

runawaysII_01.jpg

Both books are in the February 2005 Marvel Previews.

Livewires (#1 of 6)

- Written by Adam Warren

- Penciled by Rick Mays

- "Hollowpoint Ninja. Gothic Lolita. Cornfed. Stem Cell. Social Butterfly. They’re nanobuilt humanform combat mecha, with "smartware" bodies specialized for covert ops and Artificially Intelligent minds programmed for suicidal loyalty. They’re the superhuman products of a top-secret, quasi-governmental R&D program with a unique agenda: namely, to seek out and destroy OTHER top-secret, quasi-governmental R&D programs. And in the ultratech underbelly of a Marvel Universe infested with mad suprageniuses, homebrewed WMDs, and bootlegged alien technologies, they have a lot of work to do…"

LIVEWIRES001_COV.jpg

Yeah, I read those previews, but it doesn't really sell it to me. The Livewires sounds 100% retarded. insane.gif

Runaways (#1 of 6)

-Cover by JO CHEN

Plus, what does the mysterious new team EXCELSIOR want with the Runaways, and which fan-favorite Marvel characters are part of this group?

Ummm... Wolverine? Spidey? 893scratchchin-thumb.giffrustrated.gif

Runaways (#1 of 6)

-Cover by JO CHEN

Plus, what does the mysterious new team EXCELSIOR want with the Runaways, and which fan-favorite Marvel characters are part of this group?

Ummm... Wolverine? Spidey? 893scratchchin-thumb.giffrustrated.gif

I'm willing to bet there aren't any big hitters on "Excelsior." It's obviously an X-team, so probably some 2nd string X-Men.