• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lesson Learned - Received an empty package today

58 posts in this topic

So he is being really nice now, as of last night he started a claim and is trying to get my money back......so bravo to them......I will keep you posted on the outcome, he is thinking someone opened the package, took out the comics and resealed it....

Can anyone tell me how much 7 comics would weigh? The package says it weighed 0.570 KG.......sound like 7 comics? I don't have a scale........

How about he just gives you your money back, and then pursues the claim with the PO to get his.

That would be the best customer service move here IMO.

But at least he's doing something now, which is good.

Can anyone tell me how much 7 comics would weigh? The package says it weighed 0.570 KG.......sound like 7 comics? I don't have a scale........

After converting the weight to pounds (1 pound 4 oz) I would have to say it does seem to have the weight of the comics included in that amount as a box that thin isn't going to weigh that much on its own.

Unfortunately that still doesn't mean the comic store's story is correct as it depends on how they process orders, i.e. if they put everything on a scale first to weigh it and then assemble it. If they do it this way then they just forgot to put the books in for whatever reason. Otherwise I'd tend to agree that most likely someone cut the box open and took the comics.

So he is being really nice now, as of last night he started a claim and is trying to get my money back......so bravo to them......I will keep you posted on the outcome, he is thinking someone opened the package, took out the comics and resealed it....

The weight includes packaging. That converts to 1.257 lbs

He is the shipper, he has to file the claim. You, as buyer, are not involved in any way until it is delivered to your door- anything that happens to a package on the way to your door is on the shipper. I doubt the post office/UPS/Fed ex would even accept a claim from the person the package is addressed to. I bet it will work out!

Bagged and boarded? Silver or Modern? Will check on my lunch. However that photo you posted doesn't look like it would weigh 0.570kg without books, mind you if the label is printed from them (which it likely was) you could enter what ever value you want for the weight (not saying they did this).

How about he just gives you your money back, and then pursues the claim with the PO to get his.

That would be the best customer service move here IMO.

^^

1 CGC slab with mylar sleeve, Batman Inc Leviathan, 1.24 lbs.

1 CGC slab with mylar sleeve, Elfquest 1, .91 lbs.

Reg bag and board from Midtown, .005 lbs.

Mylar from BCE, .007 lbs.

Kamandi #1, 1972, .16 lbs.

Saga #1, 2012, .27 lbs.

X-Factor #1, 1986, .20 lbs.

Shadow: Midnight in Moscow, 2014, .17 lbs.

I've not had a chance to post this since yesterday, but your change of attitude from the seller might have something to do with the fact that someone posted comments on both their company web homepage and their facebook page yesterday referring to this CGC forum thread. I've not visited it since but would assume they have been removed, anyways I reckon thats why they're suddenly falling over themselves for you.

I've not had a chance to post this since yesterday, but your change of attitude from the seller might have something to do with the fact that someone posted comments on both their company web homepage and their facebook page yesterday referring to this CGC forum thread. I've not visited it since but would assume they have been removed, anyways I reckon thats why they're suddenly falling over themselves for you.

Oh, I did not know that.

Oh, I did not know that.

Yeah, sorry, I was going to post it yesterday, but I figured someone was bound to see it also, if I had, then it slipped my mind.

Well I got my refund today. The shop put in the claim and once the post office refunded them, they then refunded me. So it all worked out in the end.......

I do want to say thanks to whomever told the shop about this because I am sure that's why I received better customer service once they found out. I know this made a difference because their attitude changed quickly after you guys made me tell you the shop name lol

So when the refund was complete , the shop asked me if I was going to clear up the CGC post. So good job guys!

Thanks to all

Live this place! All for one.......and one for all!