• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warm Up Grading Competition - Round 7

47 posts in this topic

So how are we doing? With 22 graders submitting 44 we have 9 bullseyes, 14 one grade off. Amazingly 4 of those bullseyes are with 2 graders.

Still waiting on grades from:

ACES

budsbundy

jessebrook1

paul747

Revat

snowman28

spideyfan76

timern

and NOT toro.

ScreenShot2014-06-26at65843PM_zps9b809d34.png

So, it's a 4-way race. Will toro choke on the last two books? Did Tim have advanced knowledge of Ernie's dislike for grading Golden Age books? Can thirdgreenham, ACES, and ADJ all secure an 8 to 10 point round? Will it be enough for the top 4 places to change positions? All of these questions and more will be answered tonight. Check back at 8:00 PM Central Time. (thumbs u

Did Tim have advanced knowledge of Ernie's dislike for grading Golden Age books?

Check back at 8:00 PM Central Time. (thumbs u

Ernie told me it was Magazine Sized books he had trouble with... :tonofbricks:

And it should be 7:00 PM CDT.

Made it with plenty of time to spare.

I'm going out with a friend for drinks at 6 so I'm posting the standings as of right now and the tie breaker book. Everyone who would be in the prize running has entered already.

So final standings:

toro ekes out a close win over thirdgreenham followed closely by ACES. Chip Cataldoand MR-Sig S will need to do the tiebreaker for 4th place. ARK, bb8 and stanley1883 will need to do the tiebreaker for 6th place. AJD and oakman29 round out the top 10. eeb03, SNiPER and wasteddraftpicks will need to do the tiebreaker with two of the three making the prize list!

So what were the last two books graded? The census data really threw me on those - I would've assigned "impossible" grades left to my own devices. Just wondering.

The TC 59 was a 6.5. I missed the first book by 1/2 grade so I'm pretty sure it was a 6.0...I guessed 6.5.

Oh well, didn't matter then. I would have significantly under graded both of them anyway. With that FC piece missing I thought the first one wouldn't grade any higher than 5.0

The TC 59 was a 6.5. I missed the first book by 1/2 grade so I'm pretty sure it was a 6.0...I guessed 6.5.

Oh well, didn't matter then. I would have significantly under graded both of them anyway. With that FC piece missing I thought the first one wouldn't grade any higher than 5.0

I thought the exact same thing. I really blew it on the GA books. This has been a fun contest! :applause: