• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago Comic Con dinner Saturday August 23rd @ 8 PM

102 posts in this topic

Time once again for comic geeks attending this year's Chicago Comic Con to get together over great food and drink! The dinner will be held at Gibsons Steakhouse, right across from the Stephens Convention Center, on Saturday August 23rd at 8 PM. It'll be at its traditional home in the Stephens Room. The details are as follows:

- The cost is $75 per person

- You can choose from a number of (enormous) cuts of steak (or, for any vegetarians, there's fish and pasta) and a giant baked potato

- Cash bar

- The room is available to us starting at 7 PM, with dinner scheduled for 8 PM

Last year payment was collected at the dinner (cash), so that's the preferred method. If you don't favor this, you can always send payment via Paypal (PM for info)

Please put "Chicago Con dinner" or "Chicago dinner" in the subject line.

Post in this thread if you intend on joining us for a wonderful evening of food, drink, and comic talk :grin:

Oh, and suck it greggy :acclaim:

Chicago Comic Con dinner attendees

TheWatcher

Logan510 +1

SharpComics.com +3

143ksk

Sharkey

1koko

Joeypost (probable)

Greggy

Moondog+?

Razor

Stevemmg

plitch + 2

Chuck Gower

electricprune

centaurman

Maybe next year guys, if you'll have me.... :shy:

Time once again for comic geeks attending this year's Chicago Comic Con to get together over great food and drink! The dinner will be held at Gibsons Steakhouse, right across from the Stephens Convention Center, on Saturday August 23rd at 8 PM. It'll be at its traditional home in the Stephens Room. The details are as follows:

- You can choose from a number of (enormous) cuts of steak (or, for any vegetarians, there's fish and pasta) and a giant baked potato

- Cash bar

Last year payment was collected at the dinner (cash), so that's the preferred method. If you don't favor this, you can always send payment via Paypal (PM for info)

Post in this thread if you intend on joining us for a wonderful evening of food, drink, and comic talk :grin:

TheWatcher

Logan510 +1

SharpComics.com +3

143ksk

Sharkey

1koko

Joeypost (probable)

Greggy

Moondog+?

Razor

Stevemmg

plitch + 2

Chuck Gower

electricprune

centaurman

:o

- Cash bar

TheWatcher

Logan510 +1

SharpComics.com +3

143ksk

Sharkey

1koko

Joeypost (probable)

Greggy

Moondog+?

Razor

Stevemmg

plitch + 2

Chuck Gower

electricprune

centaurman

Come on down Andy. It is a great show.

- Cash bar

TheWatcher

Logan510 +1

SharpComics.com +3

143ksk

Sharkey

1koko

Joeypost (probable)

Greggy

Moondog+?

Razor

Stevemmg

plitch + 2

Chuck Gower

electricprune

centaurman

Come on down Andy. It is a great show.

That's where I met you (and many boardies) for the first time, Joe. (thumbs u

I've been to the Chicago show twice now, and I still feel it's one of the best for comic books.

Never did make it to Gibson's. Being vegetarian, I find it a bit difficult to go to a steakhouse and fork over $75 for a baked potato and a side of veggies. lol The Greek Town dinner was fabulous, and had a ton of options for my wife and I. Most importantly, it was a ton of fun hanging out and meeting everyone. I'm sure that's also the big draw for Gibson's as well.

You make a valid point regarding the pricing for vegetarians, Andy. Its something we'll have to discuss for next year's dinner

We allow vegetarians?

We need someone to act as greggy's muse