• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Raleigh -- March 13-15, 2015

35 posts in this topic

I want to see what dealers set up at this show before deciding on attending. I'm not all that excited to pay $75 to get into a room where I have to pay additional money to get an autograph from a B list celebrity.

The wife is interested in going to a con other than Heroes next year though.

Just looked $75 for three day or $35 for Friday, $45 for Saturday, and $40 for Sunday. $10 more at the door. But heck, if you go ahead and buy it online they add a $4.87 processing fee. The only Con I have ever attending is HeroesCon, which is pretty large but not enough where I can go for 3 whole days. Usually 1 day is enough to see and do everything I need.

Just looked $75 for three day or $35 for Friday, $45 for Saturday, and $40 for Sunday. $10 more at the door. But heck, if you go ahead and buy it online they add a $4.87 processing fee. The only Con I have ever attending is HeroesCon, which is pretty large but not enough where I can go for 3 whole days. Usually 1 day is enough to see and do everything I need.

If it is your local con I'd do Friday or Sunday to avoid the cosplay crowd. I rarely do Saturdays at shows if I can get away with it, even if I've bought the full weekend pass, as avoiding the crazy crowds is worth it for me. You won't get a deal on Friday, and hours are shorter, but you see the better inventory. Sunday is more laid back and deals might be easier to find, but the inventory is also more picked over.

Love Wizard World, always spacious and enough room for the whole family to move around. Usually lots of stars, the Raliegh show needs to add more. The 2 shows in Feb (Indiana & Cleveland) have better talent. Go one day on Saturday, that's usually when all the guests will be there. I will definitely be there as it gives me an excuse to get off work and go home to visit family. Crossing my fingers Sean Gunn will make the show! Need more Walking Dead stars as well!