• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard expands with 9 new cities in 2015, at least 22 shows.

56 posts in this topic

WizardWorld San Jose is up directly against Baltimore in 2015. That will be interesting to see - realizing they're 3,000 miles away, but will there be any spill over from guests?

Madison, WI and a 2nd show in Chicago :o

The second Chicago show is horror themed, and early in the year, so there shouldn't be a problem.

The Greenville show is up against Dallas Fan Expo, so hopefully there won't be much of a conflict there. The issue with all these conflicts in my mind, 3,000 miles away or not, will be what dealers do. That's mainly what I care about. Do they travel across the country to get to a show, or do they do the one closer to home because it is easier/cheaper? That could be an issue for Baltimore, theoretically, and for the Dallas show.

I think this might be a mistake. The Cons are doing well and the only thing that will kill them is over exposure.

It is like the NHL and outdoor games. A few had some novelty- too many and it was just lame.

^^ It will be fascinating to see how their winter tour (Madison, Indianapolis, and Cleveland) does in February.

I can't wait for the Wizard Lubbock show. And the Wizard El Paso show should be a hoot as well.

WW Vegas is the same weekend as C2E2. Pretty brilliant strategy by Wizard on that one. That is probably the only city in the world that will get some talent, guests, showgoers and dealers to attend instead of C2E2. I am pretty curious to see if they pull a decent crowd away from Chicago. I really wanted to go to both shows before I saw the dates. Kind of ashamed that it seems like competing shows is going to be a theme going forward.

Entering plenty of new markets hungry for shows, like Des Moines.

Looks like Louisville and San Antonio got bumped off the 2015 schedule. Anyone else see any other cities that were dropped?

Toronto used to have a show but its gone now

That didn't just happen since the 2014 schedule, did it? Those other two cities were on Wizard's current schedule but are dropped for next year.

I think this might be a mistake. The Cons are doing well and the only thing that will kill them is over exposure.

It is like the NHL and outdoor games. A few had some novelty- too many and it was just lame.

^^ It will be fascinating to see how their winter tour (Madison, Indianapolis, and Cleveland) does in February.

Have fun lugging in boxes of inventory in the snow. . .