• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery Box Sale!! The only mystery is why you don't buy!

27 posts in this topic

Mystery Box Sale!! No chase books, no raffles just way too many books for me to sell one at a time.

Love them or hate them – here is a great way to get a box full of books that range from the 1960s to yesterday. Each box will be unique and please come back and post what you get since I love the advertising. Each box will be a flat $100 (which will include priority shipping) and will include approximately $150 worth of books and other items (ie autographs and movies).

I do sell to International buyers but there will be an additional cost to cover International shipping prices. No HOS members need apply. I just won a sweet book from ComicalGem so I want to spread around the wealth a bit.

Based on the success of Comicalgems thread last night - I'm going to give all buyers a chance to pick which kind of mystery box they receive. At 9:00 PM EST on July 3rd the buyers in this thread can indicate which type of box they want. The first post for a particular type of box gets that box. The boxes will be broken down in the following manner:

2 boxes containing a Silver-Age Marvel Key book worth at least $70 and then marvel filler

3 boxes containing a TPB set or a Omnibus and filler

2 boxes of higher grade silver-age and bronze-age books plus filler

1 box of all CGC books

1 box all Spiderman books (Modern and Bronze)

1 box all modern keys and modern filler

So at 9:00 PM EST all buyers will be able to post an I'll Take it for a particular box. To help out here is the options:

Box 1 Silver-Age Marvel Key

Box 2 Silver-Age Marvel Key

Box 3 TBPs

Box 4 Omnibus

Box 5 Omnibus

Box 6 Higher Grade DC Books

Box 7 Higher Grade Marvel Books

Box 8 Random CGC 9.8 books

Box 9 Spiderman Books

Box 10 Modern Keys and Books

They all will have the same basic "worth" but at least this way there will be a shuffle on Thursday night to get the box number you want. Everyone who buys a box will get a box but which one will be up to how fast you are with your post!

Umm. 60 views and no takers. Additional info needed? I can offer a big prize book so it gets yanked. Suggestions?

An idea could be to give a very approx. idea of which is the content of each box, e.g.:

Each box will contain:

– two SA Marvel books;

– two to five Bronze DC books;

– a modern full mini-series;

– a Greggy-shaped keychain;

etc.

Will reply your PM asap! (thumbs u

An idea could be to give a very approx. idea of which is the content of each box, e.g.:

Each box will contain:

– two SA Marvel books;

– two to five Bronze DC books;

– a modern full mini-series;

– a Greggy-shaped keychain;

etc.

Will reply your PM asap! (thumbs u

I'll put a few things into play that Comicalgems just sent over. I love the mystery aspect of these mystery boxes so I'd like to keep things simple. This is my first mystery box sale so I probably have to get a name by taking it slow. I sell way too much on the boards to get a bad name sending junk in a mystery box.

Based on the success of Comicalgems thread last night - I'm going to give all buyers a chance to pick which kind of mystery box they receive. At 9:00 PM EST on July 3rd the buyers in this thread can indicate which type of box they want. The first post for a particular type of box gets that box. The boxes will be broken down in the following manner:

2 boxes containing a Silver-Age Marvel Key book worth at least $70 and then marvel filler

3 boxes containing a TPB set or a Omnibus and filler

2 boxes of higher grade silver-age and bronze-age books plus filler

1 box of all CGC books

1 box all Spiderman books (Modern and Bronze)

1 box all modern keys and modern filler

So at 9:00 PM EST all buyers will be able to post an I'll Take it for a particular box. To help out here is the options:

Box 1 Silver-Age Marvel Key

Box 2 Silver-Age Marvel Key

Box 3 TBPs

Box 4 Omnibus

Box 5 Omnibus

Box 6 Higher Grade DC Books

Box 7 Higher Grade Marvel Books

Box 8 Random CGC 9.8 books

Box 9 Spiderman Books

Box 10 Modern Keys and Books

They all will have the same basic "worth" but at least this way there will be a shuffle on Thursday night to get the box number you want. Everyone who buys a box will get a box but which one will be up to how fast you are with your post!

So if person A tries for box 1 but person B posts a few seconds prior for Box 1, is person A obligated to buy another box?

Good question. You must first purchase a mystery box prior to the choosing on Thursday night. If the one box sells then they get to chose which one they wants and we are done. If all 10 sell then the first person who post "I'll Take #1" will get that one. Two people may take the same box pretty much at once but only the first gets it. Person B who wanted #1 who did not get can hop on and try to grab #2 but someone else may have gotten it by then. You are buying one of the ten boxes when you post the I'll take it in the thread. This format will give you some control rather than having me dictate who gets what or have it be random. Hope this helps.

If a person buys two boxes they must post separate I'll take its rather than just posting I'll take Box #1 and #2 in one post.

1 Box sold and 9 to go. Maybe this is a slow train and it will get going today. It should be a fun night on Thursday so buy your box now so you can participate.

Probably not since I sold my ASM 194 in the VCC. There will be a high grade 125, a low/mid grade 40 and an assorent of other Spiderman goodies.

I have a Spiderman Omnibus that would fill in a Spiderman box nicely. Regardless - it will be worth $150 regardless of which box is picked.