• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are some of the ebay sellers delusional?

27 posts in this topic

I'm looking on ebay at some of the spiderman 50 and hulk 181 copies. Some of them are torn up and the sellers are still asking for ridiculous high prices. I can understand with the cgc graded comics at least you know exactly what you're getting, but the raw copies are just ridiculously priced. Is there any other way to get these through a website? On comic book men a sweet raw copy of hulk 181 was sold for around 600-700 bucks. Where can I find such deals online?

Well, eBay bucks are being issued in 2 days, so I'm sure some prices might be going up ;)

Some guy is selling a cgced copy of Star Wars no. 1 for around 14,000 lol seriously?

Yes.

Seriously.

Are you aware of what that copy is?

Well, eBay bucks are being issued in 2 days, so I'm sure some prices might be going up ;)

Some guy is selling a cgced copy of Star Wars no. 1 for around 14,000 lol seriously?

Yes.

Seriously.

Is that the rare recalled copy that contains Lucas' failed attempt to put Jar Jar into Episode 4?

Yes.

Seriously.

Is that the rare recalled copy that contains Lucas' failed attempt to put Jar Jar into Episode 4?

YES!

:ohnoez:

Makes that one here for $3k seem like a bargain!

:cloud9:

_57_zpse834cee0.jpg

Another guy is selling the same copy cgc 9.8 for $680. There's a lot of copies available on ebay. I get it if Star Wars made its debut in comic book format, but it didn't.

You're still not getting it :baiting:

It's an aggressive price for a 9.4 but there is a very specific reason why the asking price is that high.

:cloud9:

_57_zpse834cee0.jpg

Another guy is selling the same copy cgc 9.8 for $680. There's a lot of copies available on ebay. I get it if Star Wars made its debut in comic book format, but it didn't.

You're still not getting it :baiting:

It's an aggressive price for a 9.4 but there is a very specific reason why the asking price is that high.

Why is it that high? There are other better copies that are cheaper. I get that the new movies help, but the franchise didn't start off in comics. Game of thrones #1 signed copy should be going for a high price if that's the case

35Cent copy

Are you serious, just because of the 35 cent print?!!!!!!

The fact that you are searching for Star Wars #1s and are not aware of the rarity of the 35 centers...

Much to learn you still have...

Why is it that high? There are other better copies that are cheaper. I get that the new movies help, but the franchise didn't start off in comics. Game of thrones #1 signed copy should be going for a high price if that's the case

Technically, the Star Wars #1 comic book hit the stands almost a month before the movie was in theaters.

And yes, the 35 cent variant of the first issue is rare in high grade and in huge demand. Thus, high price for a 9.4 graded copy.