• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This one's on the house!! Show your HOUSE ADS!!!
1 1

214 posts in this topic

Here's a Fox Comics house ad from the back cover of Weird Comics #6, 1940. I love the bright acidic color palette they used on their front covers, and, well, this ad has that in spades!

359i8if.jpg

A classic from the back cover of WDCS #100. Just read this well preserved book out of Colorado. And another from the back cover of WDCS #75.

3370928957_83f34f0eaf_b.jpg

I don't have the toy figures but I do have the circus scene.

From Haunted Thrills #3; notice the phantom titles of Strange, Dark Shadows, Suspooks, Bewitched, and Dark Journey.

2lkuv15.jpg

From Haunted Thrills #17; I'm not sure of the first three titles, but I don't believe that there ever was a "Police Thrills". Perhaps they were thinking of changing "Haunted" to "Police", to conform to the coming CCA censorship. That illustration is very similar to their cover of Fantastic Fears #10.

2ajqec0.jpg

Edited by fifties

From a Wonderworld plug for Blue Beetle radio show

<a  href=http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/comicjack/102_5310_zps9b5c8e80.jpg' alt='102_5310_zps9b5c8e80.jpg'>

Amazing Man back plugging future Centaurs

<a  href=http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/comicjack/102_5312_zpsd2242dd8.jpg' alt='102_5312_zpsd2242dd8.jpg'>

This is the BC house ad of "This Magazine is Haunted", #8.

I have the full 8 issue run of "Beware Terror Tales", and this image adorns none of their front covers.

If I recall however, it is a splash for one of Fawcett's horror comic stories.

2pob4v8.jpg

Edited by fifties