• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This one's on the house!! Show your HOUSE ADS!!!
1 1

214 posts in this topic

The back cover of Cap #3:

10906080285_10ffd2a5c6_b.jpg

That's interesting because MMC #20 has the ad for Cap #3

MarvelMysteryComics20-Back_zps7f816356.jpg

With the small add for HT #3 on the front:

MarvelMysteryComics20_zps20f97637.jpg

Anyone have a scan of HT #3 to see if it refers back to MMC #20?

Awesome thread idea!

The back cover of HT3 is an ad for an American Flag. I haven't cracked it out to see what's inside yet.

Quick two-fer - back covers of MMC13 & HT4(3):

ads1_front_zpsau9jbh44.jpg

-bc

I don't recall seeing a more awesome house ad!

Have not read this whole thread. Pre-Batman #1 ad from All-Star Comics #1 centerfold:

r6JXYg8l.jpg

This ad appeared in Crime Does Not Pay, issue #47, promoting a new title, which was apparently changed again, to Crime And Punishment, with this cover illus being used on CDNP #57.

16av0uf.jpg

largethumb.jpg

There is at least one copy of "Crime and Penalty" in existence. I saw it about 20 years ago at SDCC at Terry Stroud's booth, but I don't recall the cover illustration.

Have not read this whole thread. Pre-Batman #1 ad from All-Star Comics #1 centerfold:

r6JXYg8l.jpg

Wow! That's a killer house ad. Amazing what was on the stands together...just 90 cents for it all..

+1, fabulous!

r6JXYg8l.jpg

Wow! That's a killer house ad. Amazing what was on the stands together...just 90 cents for it all..

+1, fabulous!

That has to be the mother of all house ads!

Pre-Batman #1 ad from All-Star Comics #1 centerfold:

r6JXYg8l.jpg

It's like Playboy mag: sometimes the centerfold :o is better than the cover. 10c for All-American #16: you are killing me. :cloud9: Action # 13(?) centerfold is great with double <3 page ad for Superman #1.

Pre-Batman #1 ad from All-Star Comics #1 centerfold:

r6JXYg8l.jpg

It's like Playboy mag: sometimes the centerfold :o is better than the cover. 10c for All-American #16: you are killing me. :cloud9: Action # 13(?) centerfold is great with double <3 page ad for Superman #1.

<a  href=Action13centerfold-1_zps86d1c5b2.jpg' al

There was supposedly lower distribution for #5, but I forget.the reason. It might be the issue with a spoof biography of Bill Gaines that poked fun at other publishers.