• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World and XX Convention

47 posts in this topic

Just checked who was coming to WWSA this year. Seriously?

Capture_zps49e3752e.png

Should I know these people?

And I'd have to buy a VIP ticket to meet them?

I had no idea who they were so I clicked on their profile. They are "Social Media celebrities" :facepalm:

How far is that below the typical D level celebrities that show up at most conventions?

Technically Sean is now a "social media celebrity" after his Sandman debacle right?

These boys bring in tractor trailer loads of cash for Wizard. They are mega tween celebrities courtesy of Vine and a priority for every tweenage girl right behind getting her boobs and getting her period.

What Adam Goldberg said in EDtv has finally happened, "It used to be that people were famous because they were special; now people are special, simply for being famous".

Just checked who was coming to WWSA this year. Seriously?

Capture_zps49e3752e.png

Should I know these people?

And I'd have to buy a VIP ticket to meet them?

My 11 year old daughter's instagram is full of Nash Grier references. When I showed her they were going to conventions she asked when they were coming here. While 'collectors" complain that they have to pay $5 for Neal Adams to sign something, parents will gladly pay $150 to have thier kids meet these people and get a picture.