• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New John Constantine film

22 posts in this topic

I saw the trailer yesterday... and all I can say is "HOLY SH*T!! That looks awful!". There may not be a worse film in 2005.

Keanu Reeves uses his typical dopey American accent... they couldn't locate a Brit to play the part?

P.S.: Batman Begins looks like a completely lame flick. Too bad Darren Aronofsky didn't do the project.

Keanu Reeves uses his typical dopey American accent... they couldn't locate a Brit to play the part?

So what else is new? Seriously, this is Hollyweird thinking at its' most skewed. And I can imagine there must've been half a dozen Brits champing at the bit for that role (my pick would've been Paddy Considine, or even Ewan Mcgregor - anybody apart from Keanu, dammit).

Ya know I can't shake the thought that this thread is missing something.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I dunno, maybe a link to the FREAKIN' TRAILER! makepoint.gif

For all of you reading who haven't seen it.

Constantine Trailer Site

As far as the movie goes...

A) Constantine is British (not American, hello!)

B) Constantine in blonde (again, hello!)

Still, it might not be too bad.

Saw the trialer yesterday before Oceans 12.

After the trailer was over I wanted to yell at the screen.. Go NEO GO... take the red pill!! headbang.gif

The thing seemed like it was a cookie cutter movie made to cash in on both the Horror trend, and superhero films, not to mention the MATRIX tone it had.

Was Keanu R. still on contract to do more WB flicks or what?

Not to mention the in house Special effect teams leftover from the Matrix.

And the Director Francis Lawrence is a first timer.. having only done TV spots, and Music Viedos.. does not bode well. But we shall see.

I gotta admit though...The source material appeals to me.. so I WANT to like it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

But my hopes are on hold.

Thought I might add.. the clip online is a much shorter version the the long trailer we saw at the movies last night.

Ze-

The Constantine that I know says things like "Bollocks" and "Mate", chain smokes, and makes deals with the Devil.

NOT, "Whoa" and "Duuuude". He'd never work for the cops. Let me guess, this one is probably a pantheon of good health. He probably lifts weights and is a master of martial arts.

I will not be supporting this POS!

The Constantine that I know says things like "Bollocks" and "Mate", chain smokes, and makes deals with the Devil.

NOT, "Whoa" and "Duuuude". He'd never work for the cops. Let me guess, this one is probably a pantheon of good health. He probably lifts weights and is a master of martial arts.

You meant paragon, Chris. Sorry, didn't mean to be a grammar nazi.

One day an English director and screenwriter, (hopefully) in collusion with Garth Ennis, Jamie Delano, Alan Moore, and Steve Dillon will do a more definitive version and cast this name - only adaptation to dim memory.

One day.......... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

You meant paragon, Chris. Sorry, didn't mean to be a grammar nazi.

One day an English director and screenwriter, (hopefully) in collusion with Garth Ennis, Jamie Delano, Alan Moore, and Steve Dillon will do a more definitive version and cast this name - only adaptation to dim memory.

One day.......... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

S'all right. "Grammar Facism" is all the rage these days. I can't blame you for getting caught up in the moment. tongue.gif

But see, my posts are so well though out and constructed that the meaning still comes across as intended. acclaim.gif

We can only hope your prediction is correct. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

But see, my posts are so well though out and constructed that the meaning still comes across as intended. acclaim.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I think I finally have a new sig line... yay.gif

Someone has to give Brain a run for his money.....yeah, that's it. blush.gif

I hate you MK. wink.gif