• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trying to find a 1970's horror comic but what comic???

13 posts in this topic

Okay,

I remember seeing a horror comic either by DC or Marvel from the 1970's where there are hikers that run into a monster that is part of the mountain.

Anyone know the book? I have been looking for it and didn't find it in any of the online comic cover galleries.

Okay,

I remember seeing a horror comic either by DC or Marvel from the 1970's where there are hikers that run into a monster that is part of the mountain.

Anyone know the book? I have been looking for it and didn't find it in any of the online comic cover galleries.

Could this be it?

87742_20070313175931_large.jpg

I am thinking of a pure 1970's cover not a reprint issue I bought a Wrightson prelim which is supposed to be a horror cover for a HOS or HOM unpublished, but I can swear I have seen it before

Here is the description from the auction.

"according to the best of Wrightson's memory and belief, a preliminary House of Mystery or House of Secrets cover that ultimately went unused. Featuring two climbers as they come across a terrible appertain in the lonely mountain pass, the piece is done in pencil and measures 12 by 17 inches"

I just recall seeing a book with a cover almost exactly like this possibly a mirror image.