• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

I've decided to send in 4 apparently flawless copies of Enormous #1 - this will be my first experience using fast track! I wouldn't be at all surprised if the bottom falls out of this book by the time I get them back, but this sort of thing does add another layer to the hobby.

It is a bit like betting on a sporting event.

I really think you'll be fine. This isn't like a hot summer book where it cools in the winter months. I'm sending some myself.

I've decided to send in 4 apparently flawless copies of Enormous #1 - this will be my first experience using fast track! I wouldn't be at all surprised if the bottom falls out of this book by the time I get them back, but this sort of thing does add another layer to the hobby.

It is a bit like betting on a sporting event.

And just as addicting, lol .

Story:

I purchased a Phantom copy from Jetpack Comics (in Rochester, NH) via paypal.

Upon learning of a boardie buying one from them and it showing up damaged, I contacted them for a refund, if the copies are not in good shape.

There was no condition stated on the site. I was told they don't guarantee any grade - so it could show up completely mangled and they sell it for NM price.

They would not check the condition of the book for me, and would not offer me a refund, though the book had yet to be shipped. (This was all within the same day the book was "purchased" - Saturday I think it was)

Jump to today: I get a notification that the book has shipped. 4 hours later, I get an email from them with the refund, saying the book was out of stock.

The ebay listing mentioned a couple pages back :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Enormous-1-Phantom-Variant-1st-print-HTF-rare-215-INK-Think-Bigger-/121572461840?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4e488d10&rmvSB=true

is from the same city, and they sell tons of Jetpack variants.

Is that the ebay account for Jetpack? hm

Story:

I purchased a Phantom copy from Jetpack Comics (in Rochester, NH) via paypal.

Upon learning of a boardie buying one from them and it showing up damaged, I contacted them for a refund, if the copies are not in good shape.

There was no condition stated on the site. I was told they don't guarantee any grade - so it could show up completely mangled and they sell it for NM price.

They would not check the condition of the book for me, and would not offer me a refund, though the book had yet to be shipped. (This was all within the same day the book was "purchased" - Saturday I think it was)

Jump to today: I get a notification that the book has shipped. 4 hours later, I get an email from them with the refund, saying the book was out of stock.

The ebay listing mentioned a couple pages back :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Enormous-1-Phantom-Variant-1st-print-HTF-rare-215-INK-Think-Bigger-/121572461840?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4e488d10&rmvSB=true

is from the same city, and they sell tons of Jetpack variants.

Is that the ebay account for Jetpack? hm

I believe that is the name.