• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Yikes! $350 for a second print con book?!

I believe it could very well get close to that mark as well. I guess we'll see. I've been wrong before (almost exclusively, lol)

+1

Since I am a buyer and not a seller or flipper like many of you, I respectfully disagree. This will be a $700 book in the next 30 days. Let's watch and see!

Well...if you are offering $700, that's a different story!

I repeat; My books cannot return from CGC fast enough!

I'm wondering how many we'll even see up for auction within the next couple of months (shrug)

I personally know where at least 10 of the 100 copies are, and its unlikely those will be up anytime soon. I'm sure we'll see a couple, but few and fat between I'd bet.

Yikes! $350 for a second print con book?!

That was meant more as a joke than an actual prediction, but I wouldn't be surprised if it closes close to that figure.

Since I am a buyer and not a seller or flipper like many of you, I respectfully disagree. This will be a $700 book in the next 30 days. Let's watch and see!

Wish I had some in - I don't typically sell my books, but I actually bought extras since I liked the covers. Unfortunately, I did have to pay a bit to get the last few I needed since the news broke before I could get a 1B, but I do have several 1A.

I can't decide if I should send books in and chance the TAT meaning this has all blown over, or just put them up and sell them raw.... or do what I always do and keep them for my personal collection!

Wish I had some in - I don't typically sell my books, but I actually bought extras since I liked the covers. Unfortunately, I did have to pay a bit to get the last few I needed since the news broke before I could get a 1B, but I do have several 1A.

I can't decide if I should send books in and chance the TAT meaning this has all blown over, or just put them up and sell them raw.... or do what I always do and keep them for my personal collection!

You can sell some of them to me if you like. :shy:

To me, the NYCC variant is more collectible than the phantoms, as I always look at those as 2nd prints- they are not put out by the creators, just with the creator's permission- like something done by the Franklin Mint.... heck, I could do a short print run phantom variant, but that should not make it collectible. Hopefully Larry won't read this, it always gets him steamed up.....

lol , I bet, man...

Can you call and upgrade to fast track...?!?!?

To me, the NYCC variant is more collectible than the phantoms, as I always look at those as 2nd prints- they are not put out by the creators, just with the creator's permission- like something done by the Franklin Mint.... heck, I could do a short print run phantom variant, but that should not make it collectible. Hopefully Larry won't read this, it always gets him steamed up.....

NYCC is also, technically, a second print. I'm not sure I am on board with the distinction of one they 'allow' to go out and one they 'help' to go out. I would put both in pretty much the same boat, only separated by rarity and the aesthetic of one cover over another.

lol , I bet, man...

Can you call and upgrade to fast track...?!?!?

They ARE Fast Track (well - at least half of them)!

NYCC is also, technically, a second print. I'm not sure I am on board with the distinction of one they 'allow' to go out and one they 'help' to go out. I would put both in pretty much the same boat, only separated by rarity and the aesthetic of one cover over another.

NYCC says second print and came out after #1 hit the shelves. What more does anyone need to read about this .. It's a second print !

I've always liked Con variants over Store variants.

Prices on the series I like follow those lines as well.

We will see....

I do too - most of us seem to. I think my main point is they're all second prints, regardless of how much we like them (thumbs u

I am also in this camp.

And...there are other examples of con variants coming out months later that were *not* designated as second prints (as ridiculous as that might be). Best example off the top of my head: CBLDF Nowhere Men 1 variant. That was a bit ridiculous.