• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Yes Saga is a great book. The #1 issue can be purchased for under 200 in CGC 9.8. It's not selling for 600+ dollars for the regular cover. Saga like the Walking Dead are exceptions to the rule. They are great modern books that should hold their value. But besides these two books there are not a lot of modern series that have been hits. When I say hits I'm talking about for investment.

Edited by raybowles

I was offer enormous 1 nycc cgc 9.8 for $630. Is it a good deal? Thanks

You do know its a second print correct? IMO this comic will be lucky to be worth $100 five years from now. NoWhere Men, Todd the Ugliest Kid, the Sixth Gun, etc. had copies that were going for hundreds of dollars based on movie hype and other hype. You can't give them away today.

I guess if you bought this with the intent to flip it in the next couple of months you could make some money but if your thinking about holding it as an investment for at least 5 years I would avoid it at all costs.

I know someone who doesn't have one.... :whistle:

That's why I always say there is a huge difference in buying a book for a place in your personal collection, and buying one that you just intend to flip for profit one day.

I could spend way more on a permanent fixture of my PC, with no regrets, personally...

Like a Saga RRP :cloud9:

That's why I always say there is a huge difference in buying a book for a place in your personal collection, and buying one that you just intend to flip for profit one day.

I could spend way more on a permanent fixture of my PC, with no regrets, personally...

Like a Saga RRP :cloud9:

But is it a first print? hm

I know someone who doesn't have one....

Why because I'm stating an opinion that buying a 6 month old book for over 600 is not a good decision? In this case you are correct I don't have one but I have 5 phantom #1's that are all 9.8 candidates. I have a couple of every other issue including issues #4 and #5 that are CGC 9.8. IMO they are all over valued and if anyone wants to buy them at FMV I will sell all of them today. But even if I had the NY copy I would say the same thing.

I know there are ample guys that come on here and talk up the comics they intend to sell but I'm not like that. I have lots of modern comics that I plan to sell soon that IMO are way over valued and I have no problem saying that. My opinion(s) on certain comics has nothing to do if I own a copy.

I know someone who doesn't have one....

Why because I'm stating an opinion that buying a 6 month old book for over 600 is not a good decision? In this case you are correct I don't have one but I have 5 phantom #1's that are all 9.8 candidates. I have a couple of every other issue including issues #4 and #5 that are CGC 9.8. IMO they are all over valued and if anyone wants to buy them at FMV I will sell all of them today. But even if I had the NY copy I would say the same thing.

I know there are ample guys that come on here and talk up the comics they intend to sell but I'm not like that. I have lots of modern comics that I plan to sell soon that IMO are way over valued and I have no problem saying that. My opinion(s) on certain comics has nothing to do if I own a copy.

You have managed to use "I" or "my" 16 times (worship)

The 1st 3 issues are impossible to find in the wild... If the TV show happens... this book is gonna be huge... i went to 14 different shops in the Denver-Boulder metro area today trying to find issues 1,2,3... half didnt order it... the others only a few copies... all i found were a couple treasury editions at my last stop...

Edited by zupaphly

The 1st 3 issues are impossible to find in the wild... If the TV show happens... this book is gonna be huge... i went to 14 different shops in the Denver-Boulder metro area today trying to find issues 1,2,3... half didnt order it... the others only a few copies... all i found were a couple treasury editions at my last stop...

If you don't mind me asking, what did those Treasury's cost you a piece.

I understand if you do not want to answer. I'm just real curious about them.

If you don't mind me asking, what did those Treasury's cost you a piece.

I understand if you do not want to answer. I'm just real curious about them.

He sold them at cover price... 9.99

i was happy... nice to come home with something after driving around all day... i finally pulled the trigger and bought a full run off of ebay... demand is only going to get higher as they figure out you cant find them in the wild... yeah i paid a hefty price... but i just sold 2 morlock #1's for 50 that i bought for a dollar... it will even out eventually...

i was happy... nice to come home with something after driving around all day... i finally pulled the trigger and bought a full run off of ebay... demand is only going to get higher as they figure out you cant find them in the wild... yeah i paid a hefty price... but i just sold 2 morlock #1's for 50 that i bought for a dollar... it will even out eventually...

So Time Warp didn't have any? I used to buy lots of back issues there still on the stand.