• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Check me if I'm wrong, but do the pictures (both the front and back cover) of this book look like the spine has been photoshopped (blurred)?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121572049132?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

hm

That IS my book and I can tell you that your are incorrect. There is no type of photo manipulation done on it. I don't roll like that. I scanned it at 300dpi. If you see something fishy in the photo, it is probably my printer.

All I can tell you is that I'm probably

one of the most honest people in this hobby/business. It can be a crutch sometimes but thats my disposition. I'm not a game player. I offer decent product, decent prices with excellent shipping practices.

In all of my dealings with fufat he's been extremely honest and forward with any of his policies or any faults with the books he sells sometimes even taking a loss because of it. Couldn't ask for a better seller.

The nycc cgc 9.8 went for $306.

What you guys think? I expected to go for more.

This is actually right around where I expected it to go, but I thought it would fly past that actually because it was close to $300 very early on.

Looking at the prices for the other (also rare, though not as rare, but also definitely 1st prints) #1s, this doesn't seem crazy to me. If the book went for $600+ like some expected, I'd actually be worried.

I'm not surprised either. I was bidding on it to complete my collection, but in the end stopped bidding and was glad someone sniped me as I'd had news earlier that...

101 I am keeping my 2 as well - for now. :devil:

99 .... Sold one and keeping the other two...also, for now :grin:

...98. I finally confirmed my previously ordered copy was en-route and had been graded 9.8.

NYCC despite being extremely rare and limited, is still a 2nd print though. I believe 1A, Phantom & Hastings are the ones to watch, especially given they are 1st prints with ridiculously low print runs and much more run to grow.

The nycc cgc 9.8 went for $306.

What you guys think? I expected to go for more.

This is actually right around where I expected it to go, but I thought it would fly past that actually because it was close to $300 very early on.

Looking at the prices for the other (also rare, though not as rare, but also definitely 1st prints) #1s, this doesn't seem crazy to me. If the book went for $600+ like some expected, I'd actually be worried.

I'm not surprised either. I was bidding on it to complete my collection and had a top bid of $301 (which the previously retracted bid would have revealed to someone else who was watching). In the end though I was hoping that someone would snipe me; I'd had news earlier that...

101 I am keeping my 2 as well - for now. :devil:

99 .... Sold one and keeping the other two...also, for now :grin:

...98. I finally confirmed my previously ordered copy was en-route and had been graded 9.8.

NYCC despite being extremely rare and limited, is still a 2nd print though. I believe 1A, Phantom & Hastings are the ones to watch, especially given they are 1st prints with ridiculously low print runs and much more run to grow.

Yep.

Phantom 1 has the lowest print run of any of the 1st printing issues, plus I think the cover is cooler-looking than NYCC #1 and are still fairly reasonable $$.

Now of course if an NYCC #1 fell into my lap at a reasonable price I certainly wouldn't toss it, but it's not my first choice with my $$.

:cool:

The 2nd Print thing does not matter.

I honestly do not think it means anything other than it was released after the original release date of #1.

All Con variants are 2nd prints.

I may just be spinning my wheels with this argument, so I will let it go. (and I now have a Frozen song stuck in my head....)

That raw NYCC went for a healthy $210; not bad. Currently, none others on the bay.

Also, let the countdown continue; of my 5 currently in Florida, 2 will stay in my possession for some time.

We are at 96.

101 I am keeping my 2 as well - for now.

99 .... Sold one and keeping the other two...also, for now

I honestly do not think it means anything other than it was released after the original release date of #1.

I may just be spinning my wheels with this argument, so I will let it go. (and I now have a Frozen song stuck in my head....)

There have been some con variants of Valiant books that were made available at a convention a weekend or two before the regular edition hit the shelf at the store. Does that make those regular editions second prints? The key here is the word "printing"; it shouldn't matter when a book was made available, it should matter if it was produced as part of the same production run.

That raw NYCC went for a healthy $210; not bad. Currently, none others on the bay.

Also, let the countdown continue; of my 5 currently in Florida, 2 will stay in my possession for some time.

We are at 96.

101 I am keeping my 2 as well - for now.

99 .... Sold one and keeping the other two...also, for now

I own one NYCC variant so we're at 95

I've got one in Florida.. 94 and I always said the #1 Phantom First Printing was the book to have. I'm glad I own a Nycc #1 but the majority of collectors haven't even heard about this book yet. When they do #1A and #1 Phantom will be the books to own imo

Make that 90....

--Phil

Curious what people think Mondo #3's collectible relevance is. The Enormous preview, (inside) is a preview of the Image Treasury edition of Enormous (not 215 ink comic). And on top of that, it appears to have been published a month after the Treasury was released.

Thanks in advance.

Meck

I've got one in Florida.. 94 and I always said the #1 Phantom First Printing was the book to have. I'm glad I own a Nycc #1 but the majority of collectors haven't even heard about this book yet. When they do #1A and #1 Phantom will be the books to own imo

Make that 90....

--Phil

Make that 90....

--Phil

So, only 89 NYCC copies would be available for future collectors, and the remainder hoarded in personal collections till the cows come home. Those poor collectors will be :pullhair:

Make that 90....

--Phil

So, only 89 NYCC copies would be available for future collectors, and the remainder hoarded in personal collections till the cows come home. Those poor collectors will be :pullhair:

I've got one. I plan on submitting to CGC at the next show I go to. I think I'd only sell if the prices start hitting levels that I don't think are sustainable.

Sometimes a con variant comes out before the book even comes out.

That's not a 2nd print.

Sometimes a con variant comes out before the book even comes out.

That's not a 2nd print.

So the first print would actually be the second print. I'm getting a headache lol