• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

I have three, but they are all 2xSS (one + sketch)...and there's a good chance I'll just be selling them. hm

They won't last long.

A signed/sketched NYCC is :cloud9: .

That's for dang sure! Got a pic of the sketched book, JJeanius?

Yes and no - Mehdi sent me pics of the various sketches he did (only one for each different cover submitted), but I don't know which sketch goes with which book! Should have them back by tne end of next week at the latest - can't wait to see what's in the box! (insert Se7en clip here).

[RE-POSTING WITH ADDITIONAL NAMES]

Ok, just for fun, we'll run the count(down) on the NYCC #1 book with Boardies, much like the TMNT folks do with their #1 1st print books.

:whee:

Let's try to keep it to folks who have placed the book(s) in their collection with little to no intention of selling anytime soon. If someone does end up selling, we can put "SOLD!" next to their name.

Let the countdown begin! :banana:

So far, we have the following good peoples with a copy:

106. dane323

105. dane323

104. Bill1

103. natevegas

102. natevegas

101. Holden Caulfield

100. Holden Caulfield

99. everydayastory

98. azcards4ever

97. azcards4ever

96. Calpounder

95. bighaley21

94. comics-n-stuff

93. comics-n-stuff

92. comics-n-stuff

91. comics-n-stuff (Wow! 4 copies!)

90. Zigen

89. GeeksAreMyPeeps

88. KOZ

87. vikingreed

86. The Authority

85. The Authority

84. KOZ's good friend :grin:

83. Kaboom

82. Kaboom

81. Dmac538

80. Dmac538

I have three, but they are all 2xSS (one + sketch)...and there's a good chance I'll just be selling them. hm

They won't last long.

Yes and no - Mehdi sent me pics of the various sketches he did (only one for each different cover submitted), but I don't know which sketch goes with which book! Should have them back by tne end of next week at the latest - can't wait to see what's in the box! (insert Se7en clip here).

Looking forward to seeing it! Lucky man!

I have two NYCC on their way back from CGC, and a whole slew of Pre screened Enormous books coming back, 23 in total.

Planning on keeping those two NYCC books in your collection or selling 'em, Dmac? And wow! 23 Enormous books being added to the census soon! Nice!

Keeping for now, too much volatility now. here is a story on Tim in local news. Missoula has a small population. Tim makes it to the Big Time!!

I think that is the greatest thing to come out of all of this. Tim is starting to really get his name out there and who knows what opportunities that will lead to ? :applause:

I just subed 2 full runs to cgc sadly no sets include a nycc 1 but figured I'd share. I have a feeling the census will explode now.

And since prying a nycc - from anyone here will be unlikely I will hope the raffle turns in my favor.

Edited by Hurtszick

I just subed 2 full runs to cgc sadly no sets include a nycc 1 but figured I'd share. I have a feeling the census will explode now.

And since prying a nycc - from anyone here will be unlikely I will hope the raffle turns in my favor.

Two full run subbed sets is awesome regardless! Nice! Keep your eyes out for an NYCC. JJeanius will have some available soon. :insane:

They won't last long.

Are these your personal books, or the books sent for the SS sketch op?

Again, the CHU #6 variants are going for around $25 a pop, but the #1 Black and White creature feature going for $17.99 that is crazy. I remember Larry saying the print run was around 150 maybe even smaller. That book whether it is a second print or not should be in the $60+ range. Maybe I am just hoping since I have 2 copies, but still.........

This may have something to do with the Creature Feature being a second print and the CHU variants are not classified as such. The B/W cover on the CHU is also incredible. Not to take away from the CF because it is also awesome and a really low print run. I'm also surprised it's going for as little as it is.

My sense is that people are focusing most of their resources on the "Big 4" (1a, Phantom, Hastings, NYCC) while there is still something of a "cheap" supply of those before expanding out to the others, even though as pointed out print runs are similar on several to the NYCC. Confusion as to the exact print run of the Phantom Creature Feature ain't helping that book. Also, the Phantom Kaiju & Creature Feature books were specifically marketed as second printings, so they came out of the gate having to overcome that psychological hurdle whereas the NYCC was already at the finish line as the winner before it was pointed out as a second printing. It's already a winner in people's minds. The others I think will start picking up in popularity as the Big 4 start getting out of reach to many.

The "official" 2nd print is still cheap.

#2 is starting to become scarce on the bay; #3 is not far behind it.

Non-Variants for #4, #5, and #6 still dead cheap too.

Of course, it will be interesting when early bird's CGC copies come back from Florida and what type of action will be on the bay.

Boy I can't wait until the trade comes out...really want this guy to hit 7K PLUS with issue #7.

Another thing to consider with the timing of this announcement for the tv deal, so many folks are wrapped up in the Spider-Gwen (and Silk to a lesser degree) thing, spending their money on those books. Enormous may very well be that series that people look back on a year or two from now and say flew under the radar during the Spider-Gwen craze. (Full Disclosure: I totally want the Spider-Gwen books too, but I sure love an underdog.)

The phantom and the nycc will always be the

two to get.

For some.

I am a huge fan of the 1A cover. The art is great, the colors are great and it would look great signed in gold!!!

Another thing to consider with the timing of this announcement for the tv deal, so many folks are wrapped up in the Spider-Gwen (and Silk to a lesser degree) thing, spending their money on those books. Enormous may very well be that series that people look back on a year or two from now and say flew under the radar during the Spider-Gwen craze. (Full Disclosure: I totally want the Spider-Gwen books too, but I sure love an underdog.)

Good point.

There is a ton of money getting dumped in Spider-Gwen that probably would have went into Enormous if she didn't exist.

Good for us though! (well, us minus me I guess... I bought a ton of Spider-Gwen slabs... lol)

Edited by vikingreed

Good point.

There is a ton of money getting dumped in Spider-Gwen that probably would have went into Enormous if she didn't exist.

Good for us though! (well, us minus me I guess... I bought a ton of Spider-Gwen slabs... lol)

lol I only have my original one copy of EOSV2 raw, which I decided would have to do. I'll submit it eventually and hope it comes back a 9.8 to save me some dough buying a slabbed copy from someone else.

I'm gonna need a second job.... :cry:

Edited by dane323