• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Sooo.....I could easily be missing it, but since I found it the first time I know where to look. It looks like any reference to the raffle that was being promoted on here, which a posted claimed never happened, has been scrubbed from this thread.

There is however another thread that still has the information and commenting.

Why would this be scrubbed?

Sooo.....I could easily be missing it, but since I found it the first time I know where to look. It looks like any reference to the raffle that was being promoted on here, which a posted claimed never happened, has been scrubbed from this thread.

I never claimed the raffle didn't happen. If you think that then here's one you'll gobble up hook line and sinker. :screwy:

qsgq7x.jpg

Of course the Raffle happened! A long time ago.

We raised $700+ for Autism.

We've since raised several hundred more for Cancer Research.

Not a DIME went in my pocket and I funded the entire thing (prints, shipping, my own comp books) myself.

P.P.S., It's the internet. There will always be people posing discouraging remarks. Don't take it personal.

It is personal. Telling me I'm FOS? Yep. Personal.

Now, critiquing my books, my work, the art? I don't take that personally. I learned the first time a book I worked months on got crushed in a review. It stung my ego. Sure.

But - attack me as a person, especially with ZERO knowledge of what you're accusing me of or the circumstance and stakes involved? Personal.

And I don't go for the "it's just the internet". That excuses their behavior.

I do go in for human decency, decorum, debate and discussion.

P.P.S., It's the internet. There will always be people posing discouraging remarks. Don't take it personal.

Now, critiquing my books, my work, the art? I don't take that personally. I learned the first time a book I worked months on got crushed in a review. It stung my ego. Sure.

But - attack me as a person, especially with ZERO knowledge of what you're accusing me of or the circumstance and stakes involved? Personal.

Please highlight below where:

1. I said you were FOS

2. Where I attacked you as a person

3. Where I accused you of anything

Well this has turned out to be an entertaining visit.

The CBSI forum even more so. That was fun!

Everyone is obviously within their right to question what's going on--

the when, the how. the who - etc.

But to Linguini and Trey, I am not FOS. Unless you are me or Adrian or anyone else that has worked very hard these last several months, you could not possibly know anything of any material value.

Right?

So why waste the time! Read a comic. I have one or 5 to recommend.

The artwork in the comic and the timetable that it's get's produced in is pretty amazing.

I think it's safe to assume most people on here and other sites are reading comics. There are a ton out there right now.

But, let's look at one thing, you are posting on the CGC forum (an arm of a company dedicated to providing a service almost solely for the valuation of comics / collectibles) and another forum that is literally titled speculation and investing.

Has there been news since this?

June 18, 2015

Adrian Askarieh: Yes. I’m producing it with New Regency and Fox Television Studios. We’re in the process of announcing a showrunner and directors for our pilot. The goal is to not make it a miniseries, but make it a 13-episode event series. And if it’s a hit, we’ll do one every year. That’s the plan for Enormous. And it’s moving forward very fast. And everyone seems to be very excited about it.

http://screenrant.com/deus-ex-jonny-quest-hitman-agent-47-adrian-askarieh/3/

P.S., some of those people were big advocates of the comic from the beginning. I personally supported you when you were on here asking for money.

Edited by ygogolak

Thank you for coming on the boards and talking with us Tim. I always look forward to hearing from you. It's a shame so many people on these boards get upset when a book doesn't meet their timeline with flipping. I for one am glad I've been along for the ride since the start and have no intention of jumping ship anytime soon. :headbang:

Thank you for coming on the boards and talking with us Tim. I always look forward to hearing from you. It's a shame so many people on these boards get upset when a book doesn't meet their timeline with flipping. I for one am glad I've been along for the ride since the start and have no intention of jumping ship anytime soon. :headbang:

+1

Also looking forward to ECCC

:applause::whee::banana:

+1

Also looking forward to ECCC

:applause::whee::banana:

Me too Tim

He's talking about Jimmy Linguini and Trey over at cbsi.

Found a treasury edition of #1 today for $3, but it had a noticeable color breaking spine bend near the top... didn't want to use my card for a $3 purchase (no, didn't have 3 dollars on me), but I'm gonna snatch it tomorrow if it's still there. Been wanting to check this book out for a while.

I'd say I have a VF and a NM if memory serves, but I haven't taken a close look at them in probably a year.

I think the problem is that most shops just don't have a good way to store them, and I have to think they're more prone to damage during shipping too. I have to admit, I'm just not a big fan of the format, I never was. Anything that large should have a hardcover.