• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good Trade or Bad Trade?

27 posts in this topic

Yes bad trade.

I can offer you one of my Bat 12 CGC 9.8's so you can right your mistake.

Deal?

Did you really need validation for this?

Since 2012 yes to most of these kind of threads.

Next a boardie will ask what food purchase will make you live longer:

A. McDonalds happy meal

B. Spinach

Start a thread......

Next a boardie will ask what food will make you live longer:

A. McDonalds menu

B. Spinach

Start a thread......

hm:makepoint:lol

Next a boardie will ask what food will make you live longer:

A. McDonalds menu

B. Spinach

Start a thread......

hm:makepoint:lol

lol I guess it's dumb question, but I don't have access to GPAs and don't go to Conventions very often. So all I see is what's on these boards. Excuse my ignorance. But at least it's just a dumb question, not a dumb trade. :makepoint:

Depending on how you gauge value, they aren't that far apart currently. The problem is that one is a cornerstone Silver Age key and the other is an unstable Modern Age fad that has a much less certain future.

I'd keep the ToS.

Depending on how you gauge value, they aren't that far apart currently. The problem is that one is a cornerstone Silver Age key and the other is an unstable Modern Age fad that has a much less certain future.

I'd keep the ToS.

I would strongly disagree with the first sentence of this post. BA 12, 9.8's have sold for as low as $500 recently and still appear to be falling as it is not a true first appearance of any character.

Meanwhile tos39 in low and mid grades is on the up, iron man headlines not one but two billion dollar movie franchises and the book features an actual first appearance.

I think the OP is pranking us a little bit with his question lol.

-J.

No prank, I'm a noob with limited knowledge. But I do get that it's a bad trade after reading everyone's opinion. I saw a BMA12 9.8 go as high as $1000, and a TOS39 1.5 go for the same.

No prank, I'm a noob with limited knowledge. But I do get that it's a bad trade after reading everyone's opinion. I saw a BMA12 9.8 go as high as $1000, and a TOS39 1.5 go for the same.

It was bad timing for the one or two people who paid 1000 for a BA 12, but even that was over a year ago. In the interim the book has "corrected" significantly and is probably about a 550-600 book, and is more likely to be a 300 book in the next 12 months than to be a 750 book again anytime soon as 9.8's continue to flood the market.

Meanwhile tos39 is a bread and butter key in the hobby, with the marvel movie machine behind it.

Comparing the "value" of these books by using an extreme high of a bubble book like BA 12 to an extreme low of tos39 is not reasonable IMO.

-J.

It was bad timing for the one or two people who paid 1000 for a BA 12, but even that was over a year ago. In the interim the book has "corrected" significantly and is probably about a 550-600 book, and is more likely to be a 300 book in the next 12 months than to be a 750 book again anytime soon as 9.8's continue to flood the market.

Meanwhile tos39 is a bread and butter key in the hobby, with the marvel movie machine behind it.

Comparing the "value" of these books by using an extreme high of a bubble book like BA 12 to an extreme low of tos39 is not reasonable IMO.

-J.

^^