• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shaken Comic Syndrome

3 posts in this topic

How much does SCS affect a comic's grade?

I've seen it happening pretty frequently now -- two comics I received in the past month have had it, and I first saw it in a comic I shipped late last year.

The comic I just received doesn't look too bad, and when I tapped it against my knee, it settled back into place, but I have reservations of putting it on market if the grade doesn't reflect the actual condition of the book. It looks fine, and the staple holes match up, but the other books I'm not sure about. If I were to regrade, what would the damage be?

It's impossible to give an answer as each defect is different. Without pictures it's next to impossible to give you an accurate answer.

I do know that a good press will get rid of most SCS. I've seen it done and it can be fixed quite well to where you never knew it occurred.