• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hmmmmm.. this just doesn't seem right!!

18 posts in this topic

here was my message I just sent him

Dear ronnie88tmk,

HI I am actually local, work in Huntington and I saw your listing. My question is this picture is a stock listing as its being sold by sellitall65 so I was wondering is this stock picture representative of this listing or what is going on exactly.

thanks for your time

- heifetz004

He replied back to me. He has a booth at the local flea market here, so I've met him. He is saying he has the books now and bought them from lot 1 and is in need of selling them. So by that you could say he is reporting the first lot is the scam

It looks like your flea market guy Ronnie bought something off of the "scammer" on April 22, 2014 when you look at his feedback. There are several buyers with a feedback of 27 leaving feedback for sellitall.

Coincidence? Maybe. hm

All I can say is *sniff* *sniff*. ;)

my take:

seller 1 has thousands of books to sell and is selling them in lots of 10 boxes per auction and is using a stock picture.

seller 2 bought one of the lots of 10 boxes and is reselling using the same pictures.

I would buy from neither.

my take:

seller 1 has thousands of books to sell and is selling them in lots of 10 boxes per auction and is using a stock picture.

seller 2 bought one of the lots of 10 boxes and is reselling using the same pictures.

I would buy from neither.

Indeed.

Got something to sell? Take your own picture of it. Ebay 101.