• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pressing a Giant Size Book

37 posts in this topic

Usually when I press regular books by myself, I just get two huge weights and put a book in-between them for a month. Is it safe to press a Giant-Size Book the same way? Or would doing this damage the spine? If so how should I change my system to accommodate Giant-Size books?

I've never attempted to do any restoration work on any of my comics, so I'm honestly not familiar with pressing a book. I mean, I understand the fundamentals of pressing, but is it only supposed to help flatten a book, or does it actually do more than that? Is it for trying to get spine rolls out and such?

I think that was directed at my silliness.

:facepalm:

:foryou:

No I was directly focused on the OP. HAhahahaha lol You actually press by putting something heavy on your books? How long does that take?.......Twenty years?

Why doesn't collectors just enjoy the books for what they are? If you want high grade,buy high grade,don't try to manufacture it.Your process won't work anyway. (shrug)

No I was directly focused on the OP. HAhahahaha lol You actually press by putting something heavy on your books? How long does that take?.......Twenty years?

Why doesn't collectors just enjoy the books for what they are? If you want high grade,buy high grade,don't try to manufacture it.Your process won't work anyway. (shrug)

(thumbs u :applause:(worship):hi:

:acclaim: My fat azz wife sits on mine for about ten years,what else does she have to do! lol

:acclaim: My fat azz wife sits on mine for about ten years,what else does she have to do! lol

Plan your demise if she ever finds that post. lol

Plan your demise if she ever finds that post. lol

lol:fear: