• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eclectic collections

55 posts in this topic

Allright, here's my turn. It took me a while (but again this was no pressing issue tongue.gif) since I wanted to add a picture of my "pad" but figured it would take more than one shot and some Photoshop trickery to make this work. Excuse the poor alignment on the composite 180 degree vision shot.

668411-Displays.jpg

Here you see at far left:

200s atomic age books, none from the same series.

Varied pulps on top of shelf

Pan to right:

Complete Jack Kirby Collector, Alter Ego, CBA, Illustration and near complete CBM and Hogan's Alley

Comic book and Pulp references, biographies, essays

(This reminds me that I am always surprised people not mentioning books like the biographies of Jack Cole, B. Krigstein, Harold Foster, Otto Binder as must read in such threads so here they are as recommendations)

Assorted Trades with archives and essentials (only core titles)

Complete Foster Prince Valiant, near complete Flash Gordon, Steve Canyon and sparse Terry & Pirates

Avengers run (complete back to 120, spotty after that)

Complete Scrooge by Barks and 50% of all Barks WDCS (across all kind reprint)

Moderns are tucked in the small bottom closet. I left last doors open to show. 3 small boxes per set of doors. Ranges from Age of Bronze to Conan to Fables to JSA to SiP to Y the last man.

Thanks for one of the coolest threads in a while!

668411-Displays.jpg.14a1b5a1cd3d195b70bd72a8cd6b6888.jpg

Several reasons why it is not a high priority concern for me is that:

1) this is in my basement so there is virtually no light shining on these most of the time.

2) none of these books are high grade or high value

3) I made sure to put westerns and romances next to the most powerful light!

I enacted #3 after many discussions here about the effect of lighting. I do hope though that the mylars are slowing any color deterioration process. Am I a fool to think this or is it one of the purposes of mylars?

Awesome! Love the sitting area.

As for displaying comics under light. Shades are drawn all day in the room where I keep my books. Also, if you look carefully at my pics, the only covers you actually see are CBMs, except for one small bookcase where the shelves were too close together to display a magazine.

I much prefer bookcases for storage. It gives the room a library feel, and it's very easy to find a particular book quickly. But, absolutely not the thing to do in a room that gets a lot of light. In that regard, I envy you folks with basements. They are rare in my part of the world.

Scrooge,

I am impressed. thumbsup2.gif

Me too! Puts my comic room to shame! hail.gif

Of course mine is just a few shelves w/ long boxes, a couple of promo posters on the wall, a FF animated series cel on the wall (Thanks Lantern!), and my do....er....action figures. blush.gif

I agree with you about the bookcase comment. This was my main drive to create the 180 degree view because as much as I like the flashy display, I also love the library feel and convenience of the other side of the basement. It's a heck a lot easier for me to pick out let's say the early CBM with Steranko and the Shadow coverage. It's right there for the grabbing. It also makes it easy to take out and put away the Gerbers.

However, I would gladly trade cold winters for a lack of basement!

I have, in my personal collection:

Many Fiction House bondage covers (Jumbo! Jungle! Fight! Planet!)

Many Fox bondage covers (Zoot!)

Which books do you own. I have 2 Jumbo, 9 Jungle, 6 Fight, 7 Planet, 5 All Top and 3 Zoot? Just wondering if we like the same covers.

I have a near complete Silver age Marvel collection.AF # 15 Spidey # 1 to # 100, FF # 1 to #101 Tales of Suspence# 39 to # 99, Hulk # 1 to # 6, X-Men# 1 to # 66, you get the idea!! ETC. 98% complete. Most of DC Silver Age # 1st App: JLA, Green Lantern, Adam Strange,Atom, Hawkman, ETC. No 1st Flash though,working on it in the future. Also collect Golden age , such as Centaurs, love'em, hail.gifFox Comics , esp. Lou Fine covers,assorted Nedors, & Timelys.And I still buy some Moderns, Hey , I love comics . I guess it shows!! smile.gif

Scrouge, Mint you guys sure know how to show off the goods, great stuff.

Well a my collection pales in comparison:

2000 raw books SA to current, a near complete run of Thor's.

Handful of GA books (need more).

90 slabbs, almost complete runs of Byrne FF's and Simonson Thor's in 9.8., lots of high grade Buscema covers, SA keys, mainly TTA's TOS's, Thor, Avengers and just stuff I loved and bought of the shelf as a kid.