• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

This thread is brutal. Hope you feel better, Manicnerd. :foryou:

Seriously, why do you keep coming back? (shrug)

To voice an opinion. This IS in CG, is it not? And perhaps more importantly, to wish a fellow boardie luck in his battle.

Why single me out? It was a tiny post in a sea of noise.

I single you out because you have repeatedly bashed this thread and have stated clearly that I rule it with "righteous indignation." You said right above - "this thread is brutal."

Are you f'n kidding me? I don't get what anyone thinks that I get from this thread other than a headache. I try to appease any many people as I can. I try to be considerate when people Pm me for advise and suggestions. CAHokie is right and it has led to :slapfight: between us which sucks. 1Cool is right that he cared a lot about this thread and has PMed me with about 10,000 suggestions and I had to threaten a restraining order against him! :D

I don’t think at all this was particularly directed at you, Harvey. This thread has been brutal, indeed… lol

But this is unrelated with the effort you put in setting it up and laying down the rules as we go. You have got to keep separate the specific, always legitimate, criticism to certain behaviors, and the supposed negative attitude to the thread or to your efforts in making it work. They are two separate things.

You are probably influenced by the fact bb8 criticized you personally for deriding Meeklo’s offer in public. But he was righ. You should acknowledge such criticism is not dimishing your effort and good work whatsoever, they are legitimate observations – to which degree you take them it is up to you. :)

Ok here we go-take them all-GL 87 cvr and centerfold detachedm page numbers written in pen on every page but a high value issue

The Thor 'Colonizers Ego Grand Evolutionary' story arc with first appearances of all three. The BEST story arc ever done by Marvel IMO.

And OA H. Quinn

Virgil Finlay's Women of Ages Pulp Sci Fi art book HC

Unreleased Mint Batman Card from Batman Returns movie

Original Jeffrey Brown art on postcard

Demon #8 Double cover

Marvel Coll Item Classics #1

GL/GA #89

10x6j3a.jpg

2cfb7cz.jpg

iylurs.jpg

2qwde9u.jpg

5yg4eo.jpg

5yg4eo.jpg

jt58cl.jpg

$_35.JPG

Conquest+of+the+Moon+Pool+-+1948.jpg

2rfda8w.jpg

2ivd00i.jpg

14adeu0.jpg

1z6se39.jpg

169j0c6.jpg

:bump:

RAK Time!

I got these while I was at a basketball camp in Arizona during high school. I always thought it would be cool to mount them in frame but never did. My crazy cat knocked over a water bottle on my desk and these unfortunately got a little wet but the sigs did not run. Hopefully there is a Sun's fan or basketball fan that will want them.

IMG_1266_zpsa33e1beb.jpg

RAK Time!

I got these while I was at a basketball camp in Arizona during high school. I always thought it would be cool to mount them in frame but never did. My crazy cat knocked over a water bottle on my desk and these unfortunately got a little wet but the sigs did not run. Hopefully there is a Sun's fan or basketball fan that will want them.

IMG_1266_zpsa33e1beb.jpg

That bring back some memories

RAK Time!

IMG_1266_zpsa33e1beb.jpg

I'm going to be early 90's Kurt Rambis for Halloween this year.

RAK Time!

IMG_1266_zpsa33e1beb.jpg

My brother (Dan) got the nickname Thunder Dan after that trip. The Suns were a cool group of guys.

What if I offered 10 thor SA books instead of 4 as the offer?

Since you asked for opinions. I think lower grade Silver-Age non-key issues are going to be a tough sell. I think most collectors on the boards have boxes and boxes of lower grade Bronze / Silver-Age books.

My only advice is try to group as many similar genres/titles in one offer and make the other stuff another option

if you combine a lot of random books it doesn't make the offer any more desirable and probably makes you give up many more books that may not interest the taker.

I think think too many random titles may hurt more than help.

That's just my opinion.

I also think having just one title/genre also hurts.

If I posted 5 Daredevil books and added 5 more and the offer isn't taken, my next step would not be add 5 more Daredevil books, it would be offer a different title etc

again just my opinion

I JUST DISCOVERED I OWN A KEY BOOK I DIDNT KNOW ABOUT! I'M CHANGING MY OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!