• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

This thread is brutal. Hope you feel better, Manicnerd. :foryou:

Seriously, why do you keep coming back? (shrug)

To voice an opinion. This IS in CG, is it not? And perhaps more importantly, to wish a fellow boardie luck in his battle.

Why single me out? It was a tiny post in a sea of noise.

I single you out because you have repeatedly bashed this thread and have stated clearly that I rule it with "righteous indignation." You said right above - "this thread is brutal."

Are you f'n kidding me? I don't get what anyone thinks that I get from this thread other than a headache. I try to appease any many people as I can. I try to be considerate when people Pm me for advise and suggestions. CAHokie is right and it has led to :slapfight: between us which sucks. 1Cool is right that he cared a lot about this thread and has PMed me with about 10,000 suggestions and I had to threaten a restraining order against him! :D

But I don't understand why people have blamed me or criticized me for anything other than trying to keep the thread honest? There is no "inner circle." CAHokie was my friend long before this thread and was the one who :baiting: me to watch PIF. Hector was one of my good friends before this thread. I told him I was thinking of making a new thread and he offered encouragement. Cricket is just as vocal (and was before) in the PIF thread. Kav is vocal here and every other thread (and has easily been the most generous person in this thread). The idea of an "inner circle" with special perks or prizes or secret access is hilarious! :insane: What does anyone get out of this thread other than anyone participating.

Do you critics think it's FUN to be the OP and moderator of this thread? Where 10 people think something should go one way and another 10 think another way. Where EVERYONE has an idea of how the thread could be run better. Updating RAK offers. Maintaining the "hot seat" clock. Updating the link with current offers. What am I getting from this thread? :popcorn:

I made this thread only to keep things honest. When I see something that wreaks like BS, I'll call it what it is. I get that it's Comics General. Fine. But there are plenty of people that genuinely want to participate and do participate in this thread. There are lurkers that think about participating. So yeah, it pisses me off when someone says constantly how "brutal" this thread is and how bad I suck. Spread the word. Put it in your sig line while you're at it. :idea:

But it's just very frustrating when someone is in the "hot seat" and they don't care to change up their offer until they pull an FDQ moment and trash the thread and other trolls come out of the woodwork to bash it as well. If this thread died and we went back to PIF, I wouldn't be upset and can tell you at this point how much of a relief it would most likely be. (shrug)

So, yeah, sorry for singling you out.

If Harvey hasn't sent you one of these, you're not in the inner circle:

davis21.jpg

I didn't get one of those. :( I did find a bag of flaming dog poop on my doorstep though.

If Harvey hasn't sent you one of these, you're not in the inner circle:

davis21.jpg

What is that?! I've never seen.......I mean, I got mine!

I'll give you a hint: Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine

I had one of those pins and gave it to a friend when I broke up with him-he was always insulting me but I wanted him to have a parting gift

I have my offer ready but I have to scan etc so it will be a bit

BA DC key and some SA Marvels

This thread is brutal. Hope you feel better, Manicnerd. :foryou:

Seriously, why do you keep coming back? (shrug)

To voice an opinion. This IS in CG, is it not? And perhaps more importantly, to wish a fellow boardie luck in his battle.

Why single me out? It was a tiny post in a sea of noise.

I single you out because you have repeatedly bashed this thread and have stated clearly that I rule it with "righteous indignation." You said right above - "this thread is brutal."

Are you f'n kidding me? I don't get what anyone thinks that I get from this thread other than a headache. I try to appease any many people as I can. I try to be considerate when people Pm me for advise and suggestions. CAHokie is right and it has led to :slapfight: between us which sucks. 1Cool is right that he cared a lot about this thread and has PMed me with about 10,000 suggestions and I had to threaten a restraining order against him! :D

But I don't understand why people have blamed me or criticized me for anything other than trying to keep the thread honest? There is no "inner circle." CAHokie was my friend long before this thread and was the one who :baiting: me to watch PIF. Hector was one of my good friends before this thread. I told him I was thinking of making a new thread and he offered encouragement. Cricket is just as vocal (and was before) in the PIF thread. Kav is vocal here and every other thread (and has easily been the most generous person in this thread). The idea of an "inner circle" with special perks or prizes or secret access is hilarious! :insane: What does anyone get out of this thread other than anyone participating.

Do you critics think it's FUN to be the OP and moderator of this thread? Where 10 people think something should go one way and another 10 think another way. Where EVERYONE has an idea of how the thread could be run better. Updating RAK offers. Maintaining the "hot seat" clock. Updating the link with current offers. What am I getting from this thread? :popcorn:

I made this thread only to keep things honest. When I see something that wreaks like BS, I'll call it what it is. I get that it's Comics General. Fine. But there are plenty of people that genuinely want to participate and do participate in this thread. There are lurkers that think about participating. So yeah, it pisses me off when someone says constantly how "brutal" this thread is and how bad I suck. Spread the word. Put it in your sig line while you're at it. :idea:

But it's just very frustrating when someone is in the "hot seat" and they don't care to change up their offer until they pull an FDQ moment and trash the thread and other trolls come out of the woodwork to bash it as well. If this thread died and we went back to PIF, I wouldn't be upset and can tell you at this point how much of a relief it would most likely be. (shrug)

So, yeah, sorry for singling you out.

53249908.jpg